Thread: Hawaii registers Gun Owners like Sex Offenders (or proposes to)

Hawaii registers Gun Owners like Sex Offenders (or proposes to)

Another reason why you should fight TOOTH and NAIL to keep your state from becoming run by a majority of DEMOCRATS. Hawaii was always Democrat, but they weren't the crusader leftist types, but then the 60s happened and tons of flower power folks from the mainland started moving in. The problem is the local population (aka anyone whose family has been there for generations) is pretty docile when it comes to fighting City Hall.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hawaii-co...061815221.html

Hawaii could be first to put gun owners in federal database
    Associated Press

HONOLULU (AP) — Hawaii could become the first state in the United States to enter gun owners into an FBI database that will automatically notify police if an island resident is arrested anywhere else in the country.

Most people entered in the "Rap Back" database elsewhere in the U.S. are those in "positions of trust," such as school teachers and bus drivers, said Stephen Fischer of the FBI's Criminal Justice Information Services Division. Hawaii could be the first state to add gun owners.

"I don't like the idea of us being entered into a database. It basically tells us that they know where the guns are, they can go grab them" said Jerry Ilo, a firearm and hunting instructor for the state. "We get the feeling that Big Brother is watching us."

Supporters say the law would make Hawaii a leader in safe gun laws. Allison Anderman, a staff attorney at the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence, said the bill was "groundbreaking," and that she hadn't heard of other states introducing similar measures.
    I'm still trying to figure out what the purpose is in keeping all of their gun owners in a database just for owning a gun legally. If they're arrested for, say, shoplifting while on vacation in Las Vegas, how does that notification help the local government?

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out what the purpose is in keeping all of their gun owners in a database just for owning a gun legally. If they're arrested for, say, shoplifting while on vacation in Las Vegas, how does that notification help the local government?
    It allows for gun confiscation when your name turns up in the system. This is all about ease of disarmament and subjugation of the civilian population.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

I told you a few weeks ago about how they are changing the nomenclature. And here is the 2nd example
    that I have seen.

"Supporters say that this will make Hawaii a leader in safe gun laws." They changed the words gun control
    to safe gun laws.

Who can argue with safe gun laws? But this is not what it means!!
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Uh, did anyone ask the lawmakers if criminals have to register their guns?
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

Obama plans on moving there after his destruction of the mainland. Got to get a handle of the firearms on the island before he arrives. 8 months left, he needs to push through the remainder of his agenda and make sure he has his Utopia. Screw Hawaii. Outside the resorts.....Hawaii is a liberal shit hole.
    Last edited by Sherman; 05-24-2016 at 04:28 PM.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I know a guy who lived there. He said the Chinese gangs are so bad, that black kids and white kids are joining gangs together to seek protection. I don't know if thats true.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Some shit needs to hit the fan out there. Really ... it does!
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 05-24-2016 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    I know a guy who lived there. He said the Chinese gangs are so bad, that black kids and white kids are joining gangs together to seek protection. I don't know if thats true.
    Not true as far as I know. I go there twice a year for business. NEVER HEARD of that before and I know a lot of gun owners and local cops. If this were a thing that was actually on going then I figure I would have at least heard about it. I will look into this further though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    Obama plans on moving there after his destruction of the mainland. Got to get a handle of the firearms on the island before he arrives. 8 months left, he needs to push through the remainder of his agenda and make sure he has his Utopia. Screw Hawaii. Outside the resorts.....Hawaii is a liberal shit hole.
    I believe Obama plans to remain in DC on the theory that if the Democrats win the Presidential election he will be nominated for the vacant Supreme Court Justice position. In this role Obama could spend the rest of his life getting back at whitey.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    I believe Obama plans to remain in DC on the theory that if the Democrats win the Presidential election he will be nominated for the vacant Supreme Court Justice position. In this role Obama could spend the rest of his life getting back at whitey.
    Please dear God nooooooo! What a evil, evil, thought.