Thread: Bushnell .22 LR AR Scope Photos.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Bushnell .22 LR AR Scope Photos.

As promised to ltorlo64 here are the photos. It does seem very solid. The adjustments for power and parallax focus are quite stiff, almost too stiff. The upside to that is nothing's going to get bumped and change power or focus. Optics are crystal clear to me. It does have hold over mildots on the vertical axis of the cross hairs. With a 50 yard zero at dead center you have hold over for out to 150 yards via the dots. I assume this is for normal high velocity 1450 fps type ammo.
    It is mounted to my Anschutz 54 Sporter, the first long rifle I purchased for myself as a legal age adult. That was the summer of 1975.

It comes with the scope covers shown above the rifle on the grass. The attachments front to rear are elastic.

Top down view. The turrets can be zeroed by loosening the Allen bolt in the center then lifting the knob up and off then rotating to zero. Place it back on the spindle and then put the bolt back in and retighten.

A view from the back.

I kept the original bases, (Weavers) and opted to go find some taller rings. The originals did not elevate the scope far enough to clear the receiver. These are the High model of Weaver Quad Lock rings. They are aluminum and IMO more than adequate to do the job of holding a .22 LR scope to a rifle. Frankly these are just tall enough to do the job. The power adjustment ring really is fat and I think there is only about 3 or 4 mm of clearance over the receiver.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Thanks, especially for that last picture. Mine arrived today and I have to say I am very happy so far. The optics are crystal clear. Can't wait to get it on my rifle and try it out. I am going to put mine on a Remington 581, which is also my first long arm, though I did not buy it, my parents gave it to me for Christmas. I got it for Christmas 1972 so they are about the same age.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Do you have drilled and tapped holes on your receiver or will you need those .22 LR type 3/8ths inch dovetail base rings like I linked in the other post on this scope. On my set up I have Weaver bases and so I can use Weaver Rings. These rings frankly are a lot better in design than the original ones that were steel. Those hooked on wide side of the ring and then screwed down on the other. It was always nearly impossible to get the cross hairs straight up and down as the scope would be rolled over to the right when tightening those rng screws down. These have bolts on each side of the ring section so you can apply equal pressure on each side by moving side to side with the wrench. I got the C-hairs straight the first attempt. It was much easier.

My rifle has the dove tail grooves so that is what I will use.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Sweet.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Sweet.
    Thanks. The 54 Sporter was imported by Savage Arms. Not sure when Savage got dropped and Anshcutz went direct for import. I got this one in 1975. Had it a long time, shot it very little really. I doubt I've put 500 rounds through it, wich is nothing for a .22 LR rifle. It came with only 1, 5 round magazine. wish I had 4 more.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 05-28-2016 at 02:17 PM.

Well if the weather will cooperate tomorrow I go sight this scope in. I'll need to go early as they are really forcasting some bad weather for the afternoon. I hope to have a range report after with photos.

Okay, I have some questions for both Schuetzenman and ltorlo64.
    What are the min/max powers of those scopes?
    Objective diameter?
    These scopes are going on .22 caliber rifles, correct? Then I'm confused. Why such a large scope on a .22? The rifle doesn't have the range and most of the ammo doesn't have the accuracy this scope would serve.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Okay, I have some questions for both Schuetzenman and ltorlo64.
    What are the min/max powers of those scopes?
    Objective diameter?
    These scopes are going on .22 caliber rifles, correct? Then I'm confused. Why such a large scope on a .22? The rifle doesn't have the range and most of the ammo doesn't have the accuracy this scope would serve.
    Link to where I got it and damn it I am pissed off now. I payed $95 for it and now they have dropped it to $65.37 with free shipping. Shit could of saved over 30 bucks if I'd waited, but who knew 2 weeks ago?
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/415...-reticle-matte

Specs.
    Power: 2x to 7x.
    Reticle: Drop Zone-22 Rimfire BDC
    Reticle Focal Plane Location: 2nd
    Parallax Adjustment: Yes
    Finish: Matte
    Water/Fogproof: Yes
    Shockproof: Yes
    Objective Bell Diameter: 39.62mm
    Ocular Bell Diameter: 43.94mm
    Eye Relief: 3.7"
    Exit Pupil Diameter: 13.5@2x / 4.6@7x
    Weight: 19.6 oz
    Field of View at 100 Yards:
    50' @ 2x
    17' @ 7x

The point of big glass is to gather a lot of light, seeing in low light is far easier than the old little 20 something mm rimfire scopes. The 54 Anschutz sporter when it is fed an ammo it likes is very accurate. I'm not sure I have any ammo that it really likes. Haven't shot it in 25 or more years. The old scope lost seal integrity and evidently grew mildew or something inside the front objective lense. Looking through the old scope, ( Redfield btw) looks like you're looking through a good scope in an early morning fog bank. It would cost more to have that scope repaired than to replace it. When I saw this one for less than $100 with free shipping, it seemed a no brainer to get it. But like I say right now the thing is under $66 bucks with free shipping ... FREE SHIPPING! Just about makes me want to get a second one, though I don't have anything to put it on. Well, other than an AR15 possibly. I bet it would hold up just fine, just not sure how the BDC reticule would work with the 5.56 round bullet path / ballistics.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 06-03-2016 at 10:41 PM.

I thought about getting one for my AR but the information stated that this was designed for .22 LR and the drop of a standard HV .22 LR round. I would love to find a similar deal on the same type of scope designed for the AR. From reading the enclosed manufacturer's information I know they are available.

NRA Endowment Member

Finally got my mounted. It was much more difficult than it should have been to find a set of rings that fit! I tried to get the ones Shuetz recommended but I couldn't find them in stores and when I tried ordering them from Amazon the wrong ones came it. I found a set that fit but the clamp that attaches to the dove tail was broke so I had to take them back. On Sunday on my way home from shooting with Ali I stopped at a Gander Mountain and they had a set of Leopold mounts that work! They are also see through so I have the open sights as well as the scope. I wish I had been able to get the mounts in the morning so I could have tried it out. I will shoot it next time. Here is a picture of the new set-up.

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Finally got my mounted. It was much more difficult than it should have been to find a set of rings that fit! I tried to get the ones Shuetz recommended but I couldn't find them in stores and when I tried ordering them from Amazon the wrong ones came it. I found a set that fit but the clamp that attaches to the dove tail was broke so I had to take them back. On Sunday on my way home from shooting with Ali I stopped at a Gander Mountain and they had a set of Leopold mounts that work! They are also see through so I have the open sights as well as the scope. I wish I had been able to get the mounts in the morning so I could have tried it out. I will shoot it next time. Here is a picture of the new set-up.

Oooo, Too bad you couldn't get it before we went shooting, like you said. If you bring it next time, we'll shoot it for accuracy and see how it does. Nice setup.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Congrats on getting it mounted. .22 lr chambered rifles are finicky on what they will shoot accurately and what they will not. Try to find as many brands and types as you can then take notes. Chances are one of your samples will do very well vs. others. Just go look at my range report of the scope and rifle combo for an example of this.