Thread: Memorial Day and Police???

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Memorial Day and Police???

Since when did the Police become part of Memorial Day? Memorial Day was set aside to honor WAR DEAD who lost their lives in COMBAT.

The Police do need recognition for what they do, but they are not COMBAT VETS. They are not military unless also reserves.

Why am I listening to Fox News do a whole segment on Police?
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2014 Hatedbysheeple's Avatar

Because a lot of cops think they are not civilians, and romanticize about themselves being soldiers, and a lot of people think the same.
    Initial Success or Total Failure

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Interesting. I had not heard this before, though I do not doubt Hated's answer for some of it, especially in the current terrorist threat world.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Other than the 9/11 responders I have a hard time thinking of Police that died in war. Not to detract from the ones that have sacrificed all, but they were not in combat. Unless they decliared war one the American public...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

The Police think they are soldiers and the Fire Dept. think they are law enforcement.

They do it slow enough and nobody will notice the shift.

BISHOP

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    Since when did the Police become part of Memorial Day? Memorial Day was set aside to honor WAR DEAD who lost their lives in COMBAT.

The Police do need recognition for what they do, but they are not COMBAT VETS. They are not military unless also reserves.

Why am I listening to Fox News do a whole segment on Police?
    Because fox news is a propaganda outlet for big government, and they want you to be indoctrinated to thank all government employees, especially those who exercise the state's monopoly on the legal use of force.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"