Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Katie Couric’s Anti-Gun Producers Repeatedly Violated Federal Gun Laws

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011

Katie Couric’s Anti-Gun Producers Repeatedly Violated Federal Gun Laws

Neat.
    I just sent an email to the local(Chicago) BATFE to bring this matter to their attention.
    I figure if we all send one to different field offices one of them might actually, you know, enforce federal law.
    This is just my opinion and it's entirely correct.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Not 100% accurate. Purchase of a firearm (long gun) across state lines is permitted if you purchase from a state that shares a boarder with your state of residency. A long gun does not have to be transferred to a dealer in the buyer's home state. Handguns OTOH do requrie that process. You can buy but you can't take posession even after a back ground check. The FFL can only sell out of his location on the license or a sanctioned gun show. They can't sell out of the back of a car or van at a remote location even if in their home state.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

You can buy a long gun over the counter anywhere it isn't against state law with background check from an ffl or without a background check from an individual in a private sale. The adjacent state clause was done away with years ago. I've bought long guns all over the country.

Pistols are another matter. Anything post 1894 has to be shipped back to an ffl in you state. Private sales of pistols I'm not sure about.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Not 100% accurate. Purchase of a firearm (long gun) across state lines is permitted if you purchase from a state that shares a boarder with your state of residency. A long gun does not have to be transferred to a dealer in the buyer's home state. Handguns OTOH do requrie that process. You can buy but you can't take posession even after a back ground check. The FFL can only sell out of his location on the license or a sanctioned gun show. They can't sell out of the back of a car or van at a remote location even if in their home state.
    I have never heard of that exemption nor is it listed on the ATF's website FAQ about interstate transfers.
    I have been in multi-state FFL's(Gander Mountain specifically) who have said that they can not sell me a gun(Browning BLR) I was looking at because I am from IL and the store was in WI.

I have never heard of a transfer like the one you describe.
    This is just my opinion and it's entirely correct.

This is the problem, just like the irs no one is sure of what the laws are depending on interpretation.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by Sidartha View Post
    I have never heard of that exemption nor is it listed on the ATF's website FAQ about interstate transfers.
    I have been in multi-state FFL's(Gander Mountain specifically) who have said that they can not sell me a gun(Browning BLR) I was looking at because I am from IL and the store was in WI.

I think your problem is the state FOID law. I've bought long guns in several states...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sidartha View Post

I was an FFL holder from 1993 to 2005. My post reflects the rules at the time I was a dealer. Now if they have done away with the contiguous state rule it is news to me. Good news I'd say.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I was an FFL holder from 1993 to 2005. My post reflects the rules at the time I was a dealer. Now if they have done away with the contiguous state rule it is news to me. Good news I'd say.
    I live in MD and have purchased long guns in FL, VA, and DE, a few years back. Just a 4473 and NICS check and I was good to go. Now, since the idiots in Annapolis have added new rules to make our streets, and Baltimore safer, DE says I can't buy AK's or certain AR's from them now.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

They did. About the time you surrendered your ffl. I was having to ship rifles back home, but now in most states I can simply fill out the 4473 and out the door. Pistols still have to go by overnight to a home state ffl.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

But to be clear, this was a face to face sale. Lawfully, they must be residents of the same state for that, right?

for the handguns I would have to think YES.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    So Couric violates federal law, but she is news media who loves King Barack and as yet unannointed queen hillary so she will get a first amendment pass.

It's official. Katie's team violated federal laws to purchase the guns.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/06/06/...eral-gun-laws/

Now, where's the ATF and why are people not being arrested and charged?
    Last edited by alismith; 06-08-2016 at 06:54 AM.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

There's an ATF guy quoted in the article saying something like "it's not clear if a crime was committed."

INVESTIGATE! And make arrests.

However, as I am sure you are all aware, federal gun crime prosecutions have decreased every year of Obama's administration.

To gin up support for more 2nd Amendment restrictions, it's important to not use the many existing laws we already have.

Quote Originally Posted by T2K View Post
    There's an ATF guy quoted in the article saying something like "it's not clear if a crime was committed."

INVESTIGATE! And make arrests.

However, as I am sure you are all aware, federal gun crime prosecutions have decreased every year of Obama's administration.

To gin up support for more 2nd Amendment restrictions, it's important to not use the many existing laws we already have.
    I'm pretty sure that if I had done the same thing, they would have told me (as they were arresting me) it was pretty clear that I had committed a federal crime....

Freedom isn't free.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

She's going to get the same treatment as David Gregory.

Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post
    She's going to get the same treatment as David Gregory.

Hummm, maybe I should start writing down some names, dates, and events and, if I ever do something as stupid as this, my lawyer can use these incidents as precedents for non-conviction.

Plus, I'm a Democrat....that should count for something in federal court....

Freedom isn't free.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

You won't get a pass!

They don't call it the "Just-us System" for nuthin'.

Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

About EFSMI

The European Fecal (Faecal) Standards and Measurements Institute (EFSMI) coordinates the measurement of fecal samples from all over Europe, and in more recent times, has become the leading institute in its field, worldwide. It was established in January 1950 following the foundation of the Council of Europe in May 1949.

In order to keep the Institute neutral, and free from the influence of any single member of the Council of Europe, the EFSMI was inaugurated in Zurich, Switzerland, and has remained there to this day.
    Did you know?

The official unit of measurement of fecal samples is the couric, which is equivalent to 2.5 pounds, or 1.3398 kg.

The largest recorded bowel movement was by Randy Marsh, with a specimen weighing over 100 courics.
    http://www.efsmi.org/?ref=efsmi.eu
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast