Thread: Range Report - New 2x - 7X Bushnell AR Scope

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Range Report - New 2x - 7X Bushnell AR Scope

Ok folks a brief range report on how the new scope worked out. To get to the point, it was excellent. Very clear, clicks very tactile and repeatable. The Savage / Anschutz Model 54 Sporter never shot so good as it did today. I was hurried for time so I only got to evaluate 5 brands of ammo. They were as follows; 550 round Bulk Pack Federal with HP and copper plated. Federal bulk pack Auto Match. Aguila Pistol Match. Remington Sub Sonic HP. CCI Std. Velocity lead tip.

A reminder photo of what the scope looks like mounted to the rifle.

25 yards distance fired off of a bench. The Scope was zoomed to 7 power. All groups were fired off the bench. All groups are 5 shots.

550 round Federal Bulk Pack HP with copper plating is the left group. Right hand target is the Aguila Pistol Match.

Next set at 25 yards, the Remington Sub Sonic Lead Tip HP, very fine grouping. Right hand target is the Federal Bulk Pack (325 count) lead tipped bullet. This one showed a lot of vertical stringing. I skipped it at 50 yards.

Moving to 50 yards - Federal Bulk pack copper plated HP on the left and Aguila Pistol Match on the right. For 4 shots of 5 the Aguila was really performing. Then I had a weird flyer on shot 4. Shot 5 went back with the first 3 at 6:00 position in the black I had a 2 to 5 MPH 9:00 left to right blowing cross wind. I think the Federal Copper Plated HP group is to the 3:00 side due to that wind. Slower SS rounds are less effected by wind drift, however their lower speeds drop the rounds in lower on the target.

50 yards again. Left target is the Remington Sub Sonic HP ammo. Not nearly as good as the 25 yard performance but not bad, no big flyers out of the over all group. The right hand target is the CCI Std. Vel. Lead Tipped solids. I switched to this one over the bulk pack Federal Auto Match just to see how it would benchmark against the Rem. SS HP rounds. The CCI is running about the same speed as the Remington. My Ruger .22/45 LITE with suppressor loves both of these rounds.

In summary; I think it is a nice scope especially for the $95 I paid for it. Which btw is now down to $65 and change with free shipping at Midway. The tall turret knobs are easy to grasp. The clicks are positive and you can easily feel them "click". These are 1/4 minute clicks. The knobs can be zeroed once you have the scope adjusted for the ammo you are going to run as your standard. I like the side parallax focus feature. I do find it a tad stiff, but then I don't have to worry about it being shifted by accident.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 06-11-2016 at 05:32 PM.

thats pretty good for off the shelf bulk ammo.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I think it speaks to the quality of the 54 Anschutz rifle to take bulk ammo and make it work rather well. The 25 yard best groups are 1/4 inch by 3/8ths inches. The Federal bulk HP ammo is right at 1.250 center to center at 50 yards. I need to do more testing to see how repeatable the results are. I'd like to get my hands on some of that Aguila rilfe match to try. I've got a lot of different brands of .22 ammo; Aguila high velocity copper plated, Winchester Wild Cats, some old Remingthon Mohawks, Winchester XP copper plated HP's and somce CCI Mini Mags and Stingers.

The rifle and scope are going to see a lot more range time now.