Thread: That was not a reason to Postpone the Start of Season 3 of the Last Ship Last Night!

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Thumbs down That was not a reason to Postpone the Start of Season 3 of the Last Ship Last Night!

We had Season 3 starting off with a 2 Hour Premier at 9pm. on TNT. All of a sudden some stupid Banner go on the Screen saying the Show is Postponed because of that stupid Queer Bar being Shot up! So they showed the last Show from Season 2. I am sick this Shit always pandering to the Fags. This had to be Ted Turner, who owns TNT. How much of the Whole Country is 1.2% again?
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

almost every damn show on that channel is people getting shot.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Yeah, I was surprised and pissed when it came on last night and that banner flashed across the screen. Maybe the did it for ratings as a lot of folks would have been watching the news instead of the show. I'd been watching the news all day and was looking forward to enjoying the show.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

If they're showing season 2 then they are not pulling violence from the channel to appease anybody. They realize people are too busy watching the news and being distracted by bullshit to sit and watch their new show.

They're trying to maximize their viewership, not cancel the show.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    If they're showing season 2 then they are not pulling violence from the channel to appease anybody. They realize people are too busy watching the news and being distracted by bullshit to sit and watch their new show.

They're trying to maximize their viewership, not cancel the show.
    THIS!!!! TNT needs a huge ratings hit for Season three and the end of Season 2 cliffhanger was going to be it.

Personally I DON'T think it's "pandering to the fags" as Hobe Sound AK put it. Any mass shooting, the networks pull anything that either has lots of shootings (with M4 carbines no less) or has a theme that is uncomfortably close to recent real life events.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Not really! People who are loyal to a Show would watch it on Christmas Day if they had to! I hate the way the Networks take mid-season Breaks. We should be able to watch the whole Season undisturbed! The Networks always jerk us around We waited for 10 Months for the new Season of the Last Ship, This could apply to any show. You know what I mean.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021