Thread: So this happened in front of my house this morning

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

So this happened in front of my house this morning

Second angle at 1:24 you can see the airbag dust. I wonder if she was taking a selfie or something when it happened.

https://www.facebook.com/10000934996...7543383233978/
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Wow.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Probably doing her make-up or some such shit.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Are you sure that was air bag dust? Looks more like weed smoke....(That would explain it all.)
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Are you sure that was air bag dust? Looks more like weed smoke....(That would explain it all.)

You'd have to be doing some really stupid shit to create that much weed smoke while driving....
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    You'd have to be doing some really stupid shit to create that much weed smoke while driving....
    That driver didn't appear to be overly burdened in the brain department from the looks of it.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

If that is AB dust, be careful. Texas Fire Marshall sent out a warning a few years ago to first respondors listing the dust as toxic!
    Dan

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Bright sunny day, just runs into the ass of a parked car. Probably texting. I freaking hate drivers texting.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Bright sunny day, just runs into the ass of a parked car. Probably texting. I freaking hate drivers texting.
    yep that's what we were saying. It got looped a couple dozen times on the big screen here at work. Consensus is she was texting the way the car just drifts over. The neighbor across the street (nextdoor to the car owner) gave the owner the video. The police will get it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Morris View Post
    If that is AB dust, be careful. Texas Fire Marshall sent out a warning a few years ago to first respondors listing the dust as toxic!
    Dan
    It's a form of rocket fuel more or less and is toxic. But that was either smoke from something burning in the dash or the heater core was ruptured and the coolant was gassing off.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    It's a form of rocket fuel more or less and is toxic. But that was either smoke from something burning in the dash or the heater core was ruptured and the coolant was gassing off.
    Years ago, I totaled my car and the air bag deployed. I don't remember any dust, or smoke, filling the inside of the car. That smoke cloud had to be more than just air bag dust.

RCI, did the driver contact the owner of the car she hit? I saw where she got out and ran back, then returned to her car, then went back again. I hope she contacted the owner and didn't drive off (if her car were able to drive off).

Freedom isn't free.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I'm more impressed that your last name is Butt. That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    RCI, did the driver contact the owner of the car she hit? I saw where she got out and ran back, then returned to her car, then went back again. I hope she contacted the owner and didn't drive off (if her car were able to drive off).
    Yes she did. The VW had a control arm or something broken off because the front wheel was turned out to the side after. She required to be towed away. And immediately after another one of my neighbours went over and helped her. I noticed in the security footage that he walked over with a cordless phone and notepad or something in his hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    I'm more impressed that your last name is Butt. That's awesome.

Yep it always gets a smile when people learn that. Its not so un common around here. Especially in the province my family comes from (Newfoundland). Pages in the phone book full of that name, Newfoundland is known for its weird names. Especially the names of towns. There is a town called Dildo. Not too far from where my relatives live.

Lol that'd be funny to have your last name and live in didlo.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

There are butts in dildo. Lol

Another thing that crossed my mind is people that park on the street all the time when their driveway is always empty. I have a ford ranger and a chev cobalt and i can fit them in my driveway that is the same size as theirs. Both the truck and the car fit in my driveway and I can get either one in or out without moving the other. They have two Honda civics why they always in the road?