Thread: The George Takei Phenomenon

The George Takei Phenomenon

This guy is quoted by the media almost every day. Other than having a bit part as a token Asian in Star Trek, a modest success as an actor, and being a homosexual, what is his claim to fame that people are so enamored with what he has to say? One day I was surprised to see that one of my kids shared something of Takei's on his Facebook page and I thought WTF? Of course now Takei is off and running with a gun control mission. I guess I am just out of touch with the culture as my wife tells me.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

30 something nerds are having kids and raising them to be nerdy commies. Remember that indoctrination has taught them that progress = increased state authority and reduced individuality.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

He actually made a mark on Social media by constantly putting up humorous and funny memes, quotes, videos and other things. He garnered a big internet fan based due to his funny observational humor (that was NOT political). For a while it was good and funny (and not offensive to conservatives, most of it in the early days was pretty neutral).

The crap thing is that Hollywood Liberals feel compelled to jump on the anti gun bandwagon. CONAN OBRIEN has now called for the outright BAN of semi auto weapons. All of the late night hosts have done that. Not just the Leninist cows on the VIEW but it's a broad WAVE of antigun prejudice. This is because the MEDIA was successful in painting the Orlando attack NOT as an ISIS attack but an NRA Attack. Crazy, but the media giants are pulling out all the plugs and the leftists in Hollywood, High Tech (Silicon Valley), and the Networks and Newspapers are all marching to the same drummer.

They can't criticize Muslims so they criticize the NRA and the 2nd Amendment.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Something is eventually going to go way bad with all the stupidity. You poke a bear long enough it's going to seriously maul your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    CONAN OBRIEN has now called for the outright BAN of semi auto weapons.
    Great, someone else I can't watch.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Something is eventually going to go way bad with all the stupidity. You poke a bear long enough it's going to seriously maul your ass.
    it's hungry too.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

To comment on her rant, Jeh Johnson says that people like us that frequent this site and any other gun related are Extremists. That will be their target...us. IMO

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shorthair View Post
    To comment on her rant, Jeh Johnson says that people like us that frequent this site and any other gun related are Extremists. That will be their target...us. IMO
    We're, probably, already on the no-fly list.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    We're, probably, already on the no-fly list.
    I know I wasn't 2 weeks ago!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member