Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The rain is pouring down!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    Here is a slide show with some pictures from the flooding. It is unreal.

http://www.wvva.com/story/32280965/2...ewell-counties
    Damn.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Death toll is about 25

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/flooding...west-virginia/

One of the kids from Band is among the deceased. He was also a member of the JROTC.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Jeez. Be careful Dude.

Got back a little bit ago from helping out with Mercy Chef's again. We had to wrap it up as it started raining hard. Flash flood warnings all day. Though it is sunny now. Time to take a rest. Normally a 15 minute drive took close to two hours.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Be safe.

Thanks guys. Spent the day again working with Mercy Chef's Fed a ton of people. We are near the landing zone for the Black Hawk helicopters. Tired. But time well spent today. The hotel is closed, so burning up vacation time. A friend of my wife's brought up a culinary team from North Carolina. We were rocking it out!

Just for the volunteers we fed 450 people. Two meals. This does not include the walk ups and folks taking good hot food for their families. Going to do it again tomorrow.

It rained hard here today. I think this was part of the storm that hit WV earlier. I got 1.74 inches, but about 20 miles away, they got over 8 inches in less than 14 hrs. What saved us was we live on flat land and don't get torrential floods. Our area had some problems with trees falling over due to saturated ground, and locally flooded roads.

Keep safe over there.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I finished out today with cooking in the next town. And I thought that it was bad in WSS. The town of Rainelle was hit really hard. It is about a half hour drive from me. These folks along the road were emptying their houses into the streets. National Guard was everywhere. It's been a long week. I am still out of work due to the flooding. Thankfully my vacation time renewed in February. So I am burning that up. Tired. We fed upwards of a thousand people a day between breakfast, lunch and dinner. It really was a humbling experience.

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    I finished out today with cooking in the next town. And I thought that it was bad in WSS. The town of Rainelle was hit really hard. It is about a half hour drive from me. These folks along the road were emptying their houses into the streets. National Guard was everywhere. It's been a long week. I am still out of work due to the flooding. Thankfully my vacation time renewed in February. So I am burning that up. Tired. We fed upwards of a thousand people a day between breakfast, lunch and dinner. It really was a humbling experience.
    It's people like you that make surviving disasters survivable. Thank-you for your unselfish and caring service.

Freedom isn't free.

Earlier today the body of a missing woman was found on the hotel property. Another was just found on the Greenbrier river along the river trail.

http://www.wvva.com/story/32362698/2...E5Sqc.facebook

http://www.wvgazettemail.com/apps/pb...0709917&Ref=AR
    Last edited by El Duce; 07-02-2016 at 08:12 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12