Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
Me too, as long as the price didn't go over ~$180. A Polish P-64 can be had for around ~$225, and those can actually be carried.

My thoughts have always been that for the size, weight, and capacity of a Hi-Point, you might as well get the .45acp version.

Tokerev might be a good option too. The new production 9mm Toks from Zastava look nice. Good luck finding mags though.

Yeah the old milsurps are much better quality but if something breaks lotsa luck finding a part. Had one of side extensions break off of the trigger assembly insert on a Polish Tokarev....played hell finding another one but I did. Same with a Ballester Rigaud that the trigger bar broke on that was fun to find, some guy outta Miami had some parts. Mags can be an adventure to. Had a really nice Star M31 I got rid of cause mags were non-existent.

The only milsurp type pistol I'd recommend to a non-gunnut is possibly a Makarov. Mags are readily available and parts can be found.....but the prices have gone way up....most of the decent shape ones I see now are in the $300-350 range.

With a Hi-Point just send it in and they fix it, from what I've heard. At worst I'm sure you can contact the company for parts, I know I've done that with Kel-Tecs. And mags are not an issue as the company is still in business and making new ones.

For the low-income or entry-level gun buyer not looking to invest a lot of money the Hi-Point is about as good as it gets.