Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just when it can't POSSIBLY get worse......

Just when it can't POSSIBLY get worse......

BREAKING: California Governor Jerry Brown Guns Down the Constitution

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: JULY 1, 2016
    Governor Jerry Brown signs 6, vetoes 4 gun control bills that were passed by the California Legislature yesterday.
    SACRAMENTO – This morning, four-term Governor Jerry Brown conspired with other members of the State’s corrupt one-party majority to make it easier for criminals and terrorists to kill innocent people, said civil rights advocacy organization Firearms Policy Coalition.
    Brown signed six and vetoed four of the eleven anti-gun, pro-terror bills that were passed by the Legislature yesterday.

The Governor signed the following bills today:

AB 1135 (Levine):
    Bans common and constitutionally-protected firearms that have magazine locking devices.
    AB 1511 (Santiago):
    Criminalizes loaning of firearms between personally known, law-abiding adults, including family members, sportspersons, and competitors.
    AB 1695 (Bonta):
    Makes a non-violent misdemeanor a prohibiting offense.
    SB 880 (Hall):
    Bans common and constitutionally-protected firearms that have magazine locking devices.
    SB 1235 (de Leon):
    New restrictions on ammunition purchases; creates a DOJ database of ammunition owners.
    SB 1446 (Hancock):
    Statewide confiscatory ban on all lawfully-possessed standard-capacity ammunition feeding devices that hold more than 10 round; exemption for retired police

The Governor vetoed the following bills today:

AB 1673 (Gipson):
    Would have redefined “firearms” to include objects that are not firearms
    AB 1674 (Santiago):
    Would have banned buying more than one firearm of any type within a 30-day period
    AB 2607 (Ting):
    Would have dramatically expanded the reach of secret “Gun Violence Restraining Orders”
    SB 894 (Jackson):
    Would have re-victimized victims of theft by criminalizing the failure to report lost and stolen firearms
    OMFG!!!!!!!

read the rest here: https://www.firearmspolicy.org/press...-constitution/ (if you can stomach it)

I think now is a good time for widespread civil disobedience. See if you California guys can top New York's non-compliance percentage!
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Dimocrats doing what dimocrats do best....shred the Constitution and turn law-abiding citizens into criminals while making it safer for terrorists to operate in their state.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

The stuff that revolutions are made of. I'm so glad I live nowhere near that fucked up shit-hole of a state.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

What's a magazine locking device?
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    What's a magazine locking device?
    Usually a bullet button, but anything that requires you to use a tool to remove a normally removable magazine. They are used to conform to the requirement that a removable magazine cannot be larger than 10 rounds (7 for NY).
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Dimocrats doing what dimocrats do best....shred the Constitution and turn law-abiding citizens into criminals while making it safer for terrorists to operate in their state.
    I have been posting this often on FB and anywhere else that Democrats gather to claim they are working for freedom. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...y-possess-psy/

It is hard for Democrats/liberals to push for and support personal freedom and liberty as they do not understand what it is, nor do they want to. Their belief system is about total control of those weaker than themselves.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Oh, here's the icing on the cake - the ammo ban:
    https://www.fpcsadc.org/2016/07/01/t...s-now-prop-63/

Californians will be limited to owning single-shot fudd guns in the future.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

California has not learned their lesson. Jihadi's love new gun restrictions. I say send all the Allah Akbar types to Hollywood and let them have at it. Pain is a great tool when used to teach a lesson. Also, move the US border to the east Cali border and let Mexico have it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    California has not learned their lesson. Jihadi's love new gun restrictions. I say send all the Allah Akbar types to Hollywood and let them have at it. Pain is a great tool when used to teach a lesson. Also, move the US border to the east Cali border and let Mexico have it back.
    How many states would have to ratify a resolution to rescind CA statehood status in the US?

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

How many states would have to ratify a resolution to rescind CA statehood status in the US?
    2/3s

NRA Endowment Member

Does this mean that California citizens will not be able to posses any detachable magazine fed rifle anymore?

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Wasn't easy but moving to VA 25 years ago was one of the best choices my wife and I ever made. I can't imagine living in SoCal today .
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Soon be down to over/under shotguns with non toxic shot of a size no greater then 4 and .22 lr.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Time for folks to say it with their tax money and flee that state ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    Say it with lead and stay....

Freedom isn't free.

Say it with lead and stay....
    I'm not opposed to your line of thinking, but I like un-funding these cock smokers and leave them with their foreign leaches and see how that works out.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    I was just reading that more people are moving out of California than are moving in, by upwards of 250,000 or so. I also have read that if it weren't for births to illegal aliens the population of California would be declining. This is causing California's tax base to decline to which the politicians are trying to raise tax rates or create more taxes. Funny thing about that is many people who leave are going to areas where the tax rate is significantly lower. Anyway, what you said should happen is happening.

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I was just reading that more people are moving out of California than are moving in, by upwards of 250,000 or so. I also have read that if it weren't for births to illegal aliens the population of California would be declining. This is causing California's tax base to decline to which the politicians are trying to raise tax rates or create more taxes. Funny thing about that is many people who leave are going to areas where the tax rate is significantly lower. Anyway, what you said should happen is happening.
    The HQ for the company I work for is in Commiefornia, but it closes in Dec. 2016. They'd been there since 1990, but they've been driven out due to the super high cost of doing business there.

ltorlo64 - Illinois has the same predicament because of taxes, no budget, and "dim-o-crap" controlled state house. House speaker Madigan (Chicagoan and father of the state's AG) has been at the public trough for over 40 years while the Senate President Cullerton has been in for almost 40 years.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Wasn't easy but moving to VA 25 years ago was one of the best choices my wife and I ever made. I can't imagine living in SoCal today .
    Don't get to comfortable in VA. I saw how things were going in VA 10 years ago and moved to WV. VA once was a conservative State but largely due to changing demographics and the toxic proximity of Washington D.C., VA is constantly moving left.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast