Thread: I have had enough with the news media slant!!! Updated after the speech

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.

I have had enough with the news media slant!!! Updated after the speech

Donald Trump is speaking at a brand new, as in not officially dedicated yet, facility about 4 miles from my house.

Got tickets.

Going to see for myself the whole package, not broken down to sound bytes but a whole Trump from beginning to end.

Tuesday night, July 12 at 7:30 Indiana time.

Report to follow after I get home. Hopefully with photos.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

A few months ago, he spoke at a nearby high school. The local news covered in pretty well, but the national news focused mostly on the demonstrations outside. The police made sure the demonstrators behaved nicely and they did.

Everyone who went, came away feeling revved up over what he said.

Nobody local, recognized any of the demonstrators...go figure.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Rumor has it he's fielding Pence for his VP pick
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Rumor has it he's fielding Pence for his VP pick
    The Union guys here in North Indiana all have "Pence has got to go" signs in their yards... I guess that is one way, make him VP...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    The Union guys here in North Indiana all have "Pence has got to go" signs in their yards... I guess that is one way, make him VP...
    I wonder if Pence would be better than Daniels, or worse? I guess maybe better, Daniels appointed that judge who ruled cops can enter any home for any reason or no reason.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

I've seen those signs. I had a feeling it was union
    I heard that he said he leave this week if picked

I think Daniels would have been good but he didn't want it. pres of Purdue University now
    I think that's a better spot for him. I know he capped tuition there a couple years ago
    He gave a great speech at my daughter's graduation
    Better to be where he can do some good with more influence on young minds I feel

here in North Indiana
    I forgot to ask
    Whiting?
    I'm about an hour south of there, I grew up in "Da Region"
    my dad worked at Whiting refinery when it was Standard Oil

Daniels would make a great president, but he and his wife know better.

Daniels wouldn't make it in federal government because he believes in small government. When he took over Indiana, he demanded all departments cut their budget by a specific percentage which I believe was 10%. After much grumbling, they did. He then told them to cut their budgets again by the same amount. Again they did, and a third time he came back and demanded they become more fiscally responsible. Federal agencies would die!

When he got hired at Purdue University as president, he did the same to the school. As had been the seemingly norm in Indiana, states schools screwed their students by raising tuition 5% every year. Daniels told those in power at Purdue that there would be no tuition increases. They were not happy. He was and hasn't budged. In three years as far as I can tell, he has held the line.

The feds sure would not have liked Mitch Daniels as president.

As for Pense, if the union doesn't like him, he must be doing something right.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I have had enough with the news media slant!!!
    Haven't we all?!

I went to a Donald Trump rally in Pittsburgh in June; it was a lot of fun. It was at a hanger at the Pittsburgh airport, and we all got to see Donald Trump come in on his private plane and pull right up to the hanger. It took a lot of patience and standing around, but it was well worth it.

Had a great time and nice to hear the whole speech not picked apart my the news media. In fact Trump did a nice job about ripping the news media. specifically for not showing the whole crowd even though he didn't mind the tight cropping on his face, but he pointed out to the really large news gathering that there were about 15,000 people there beside himself.
    Only one in the news area was smiling, and he was a camera man who then did what Trump told them and he alone panned the crowd.

Yep, after tonight, so glad I heard the whole story. Yes some of his ideas won't fly, but he would be several tons better than hillary.

On and he reiterated several times the importance of the second amendment as written. We shall see, I hope.

For those interested, this pic and all others was taken with may Sony DCS-HX100V set in sport mode. My two "professional quality" Nikons were left home as the free tickets stated no professional cameras would be allowed in without press pass. The fantastic Sony is considered an "intant" camera as the lens isn't interchangeable.