Thread: Trump picked Mike Pence as VP

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Trump picked Mike Pence as VP

he has an NRA "A" rating.

That's all I need to know sitting on this side of the fence. How do you guys feel about him?
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Never heard of him. If forced to choose at gun point, I'll side with whoever the NRA backs.

I don't like any politician that doesn't start every sentence "deregulate" or "eliminate this tax", but without guns, we have no individual sovereignty.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

Pence vehemently opposes Obama and his kind. That is enough for me to go all in for him.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Still a rumor, not official until tomorrow, but just to add fuel to the fire:

Trump spoke at a brand new as yet dedicated sports facility a couple of miles from my home two days ago (July 12). The "rally" was first announced a whole 4 days prior to that. That tells me that Trump was planning to talk to Pence as a VP candidate and threw in the rally as a nice diversion.

I went to the rally and enjoyed hearing Trump without his being censored by the news media (sound bites).

As for Pence, when the Grand Park that this rally was held was officially opened 2 years ago, I was photographing for the locals here at Westfield, and got up close and personal with Pence. First, his speech at the dedication of the park was as expected. But when he walked down to the VIP tent, he made it a point to stop to talk and get photo'd by anyone who came up to him, and never once seemed rushed. After lunch his secret service came up and told him he had an appointment that he needed to get to. He told them to cancel the appointment as he was having too good a time and stayed well beyond what I am sure they had scheduled. It was nice to see a governor who wanted to be with the people and not at some other pre-planned setting.

Mitch Daniels, the previous governor was at the ground breaking for the Westfield Grand Park, and as soon as he was finished he disappeared into his black Blazer and headed out. Mike Pence might have made a few people disappointed who were scheduled to see him, but the people at the park saw a Governor who prefered to be one of the people! Won me over.

As for his politics, he believes in religious freedom, to a fault. He was the center of a very nasty news field day because he believed that my first amendment rights allowed me to do certain legal things, regardless as to how you felt. I think he didn't come out of it looking good, but beyond what the news was showing was a guy who believes in your constitutional rights. Same with amendment number two. During his time he did sign into legislation laws repealing old gun laws that needed to be done away with, and added a few to protect our rights.

Pence was a congress person so he knows the ins of the lawmakers. He is a governor so he knows how to run a state. But mostly from my personal point of view seeing him up close behind the scenes, he is an American who will put America first and hopefully Trump will listen to his guidance in domestic affairs beyond business.

He ain't perfect, but he is a damned bunch better than most other GOP favorites who really aren't true republicans.

Waaaay better than Daniels, who appointed a judge that ruled a cop can enter any home for any reason or no reason.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I'm glad it wasn't the RINO from NJ Christie.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    I'm glad it wasn't the RINO from NJ Christie.
    Me too.... I don't know anything about Pence, but I'll take ImanAknut's personal post. Not that I wouldn't have voted for Trump anyway.... Hillary is the most corrupt anti freedom criminal to ever run for office, and I consider Obama to be the antichrist. How is it Democrats are so friggin flat out EVIL, yet they are accepted by the media and populace?

Mike Pence, Trump’s likely running mate, has backed every free trade deal in the last 15 years
    http://qz.com/732245/mike-pence-trum...last-15-years/
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Mike Pence, Trump’s likely running mate, has backed every free trade deal in the last 15 years
    http://qz.com/732245/mike-pence-trum...last-15-years/
    Okay devils advocate, who do you want him to pick?

if you're going to fucking cry, stay home or just vote for hillary.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Okay devils advocate, who do you want him to pick?
    I'd prefer Col West or Dr Carson, but it seems the slot has been filled.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    if you're going to fucking cry, stay home or just vote for hillary.
    Not crying, the truth is the truth no matter if it's unpleasant or not.