Thread: Fwd: Senator McCain's response to your inquiry

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Fwd: Senator McCain's response to your inquiry

Dear Mr. Pool:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the ISIL-inspired act of terror in Orlando, Florida, in which a gunman opened fire at a nightclub, killing 49 people and wounding 53 more. The nation was profoundly impacted by this attack on our homeland, which targeted members of the LGBT community and American citizens who live in freedom and welcome diversity. I continue to pray that all those who have lost loved ones in this tragedy and in other senseless acts of violence find hope in the defiant, selfless love so often on display during these difficult times.

In the wake of the horrific attacks in San Bernardino and Orlando, and with the threat of more terrorist-inspired or directed attacks on the homeland, Americans are rightfully calling for stronger action to prevent potential terrorists from purchasing firearms. I share those concerns, and voted for two common-sense amendments filed by Senators Cornyn and Grassley that would help us accomplish this in a way that is both effective and constitutional.

Senator Cornyn’s Securing Our Homeland from Radical Islamists and Enhancing Law Enforcement Detection Act (SHIELD Act) would prevent individuals on the terrorist watch list from purchasing a gun and enable law enforcement to take suspected terrorists off the streets. In addition, Senator Grassley’s Protecting Communities and Preserving the Second Amendment Act would incentivize the improvement of our national firearm background system, notify law enforcement when an individual who has been on the terrorist watch list in the last five years attempts to purchase a gun, and address gaps in preventing the mentally ill from accessing guns. Importantly, both amendments work to keep guns away from potential attackers in a manner that upholds the Second Amendment and consistent with constitutional due process.

Unfortunately( thankfully ), the Senate failed to pass either of these amendments. Please be assured that I will keep(completely ignore ) your views in mind should this or related legislation be considered further.

I approach the issue of gun rights with a profound respect for our Constitution, and the freedoms and rights that it bestows on each and every one of us. But, I am also guided by a firm commitment that we should do everything we can, within the bounds of the Constitution and the principles of individual rights and federalism on which it is based, to stem the rising tide of gun violence in this country. As Congress considers legislative proposals on this vitally important subject, we must discharge our legislative responsibilities with great care and deliberation. This issue is too important and complicated and the lives and rights of all those whom it affects are far too precious for any lesser approach. As we continue to learn more about the facts around this case, I will carefully review reasonable public safety legislation that comes before the Senate while remaining an ardent supporter of Second Amendment rights for law-abiding citizens.

While the discussion surrounding firearms is important, it is clear that individual actors are inspired by the foreign terrorist ideology that ISIL espouses from its physical sanctuaries in the Middle East that are a result of a failed foreign policy and the absence of strategy from this Administration. To combat this challenge, we must cut radical Islamic extremism off at the source in Syria and Iraq, and that can only happen when the Administration finally develops and implements a strategy to defeat ISIL.

I extend my deepest condolences to all those impacted by the horrific act of terror in Orlando. We all appreciate the efforts of first responders, as well as local, state and federal law enforcement officials who continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding this massacre. As we learn more about the events in Orlando and the debate about how best to respond to this tragedy continues, we must remain steadfast in our commitment as a nation to acknowledge the threats we face and do everything we can to root out terror.

Thank you again for sharing your views with me on this difficult subject ( in other words - Fuck your opinion Mr.Pool ). Please do not hesitate to contact me again on this or any other topic of concern.

Sincerely,

John McShitstiain
    United States Senator

This fuckhead needs to go, PLEASE support Dr. Kelli Ward
    Last edited by davepool; 07-15-2016 at 09:23 PM.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

As much as I respect McCains service, if I could vote him out I would.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Besides other stuff, he, totally, misses the core of the problem. We have too many muslims living in our country. We need to round up all muslims and provide them a free ride back to the ME where they can either build a new future or blow each other up.....their choice.

Our "land of the Free" should be free of muslims, too.

Those who wish to stay here can convert to any other religion of their choice, or choose no religion at all, but they must abandon islam. islam is a disease that must be eradicated for the survival of our species.

p.s. Anyone who uses "ISIL" instead of "ISIS" has already drunk the Kool-aid.
    Last edited by alismith; 07-15-2016 at 10:33 PM.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

Yep he has got to go. He has been in congress waaaay too long. He is the definition of what is wrong with our gov. Ignores the people in order to keep order in the order. He is lazy, old and dangerous.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

It has always amazed me how politicians are able to say, with a straight face, that they support the Second Amendment (and in this case the Constitution) while proposing and pushing laws that violate it. It takes a special kind of stupid or evil to do that. And it shows how little these politicians trust and respect their electorate. In their defense, though, the electorate for the most part lets them get away with it, so we do not deserve their respect.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I agree with all the sentiments expressed in these posts. McCain is part of the problem, he needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    It has always amazed me how politicians are able to say, with a straight face, that they support the Second Amendment (and in this case the Constitution) while proposing and pushing laws that violate it. It takes a special kind of stupid or evil to do that. And it shows how little these politicians trust and respect their electorate. In their defense, though, the electorate for the most part lets them get away with it, so we do not deserve their respect.
    Yep, he spews the same anti-gun rhetoric we've heard time and time again from the progressive liberals. It has always amazed me that this fool keeps getting re-elected in one of the most pro gun states in the country

It's pretty obvious it's an election year, he normally doesn't even respond.....and then he spews this shit at me....."he don't know me very well, does he"

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    There comes a time in every mans life where his past becomes a meaningless anecdote and he is judged by the actions he takes at the end of his time to cement his legacy.

The hell he endured was fucked up and it's sad that he had to suffer such great pain (don't make him a hero though) but it's time to put that shit aside and see him for what he really is.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

he is bought and paid for
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    Ditto!

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    Yep he has got to go. He has been in congress waaaay too long. He is the definition of what is wrong with our gov. Ignores the people in order to keep order in the order. He is lazy, old and dangerous.
    There are very few politicians that HAVEN'T been in office too long!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

Form letter....I get the same BS from my duly elected's.......McCain is getting worse daily!
    Dan