Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR's legally redefined by Mass. AG

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

AR's legally redefined by Mass. AG

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...w-ar-15-sales/

The Massachusetts assault weapons ban mirrors the federal ban Congress allowed to expire in 2004. It prohibits the sale of specific weapons like the Colt AR-15 and AK-47 and explicitly bans “copies or duplicates” of those weapons. But gun manufacturers have taken it upon themselves to define what a “copy” or “duplicate” weapon is. They market “state compliant” copycat versions of their assault weapons to Massachusetts buyers. They sell guns without a flash suppressor or folding or telescoping stock, for example, small tweaks that do nothing to limit the lethalness of the weapon.

That will end now. On Wednesday, we are sending a directive to all gun manufacturers and dealers that makes clear that the sale of these copycat assault weapons is illegal in Massachusetts. With this directive, we will ensure we get the full protection intended when lawmakers enacted our assault weapons ban, not the watered-down version of those protections offered by gun manufacturers.

The directive specifically outlines two tests to determine what constitutes a “copy” or “duplicate” of a prohibited weapon. If a gun’s operating system is essentially the same as that of a banned weapon, or if the gun has components that are interchangeable with those of a banned weapon, it’s a “copy” or “duplicate,” and it is illegal. Assault weapons prohibited under our laws cannot be altered in any way to make their sale or possession legal in Massachusetts.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Leave it to a masshole to do something like this. The poor bastards didn't even get a warning. Gun shops across the state are forced to clear their racks of AR15s and AKs. I have a feeling the 80% AR lower milling machine will be a hit there now.
    Last edited by skorpion; 07-20-2016 at 01:10 PM.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Let me get this straight, the state which gave us "The Shot Heard 'round the World", the state which helped form this great country, the state which played a part in the supreme law of the land feels they need to define a better way to violate that constitution.

Morons about says it.

Who was that company many years ago that was making those pump action AR15 and AK47s?
    Sounds like they should start building again.

BISHOP

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Let me get this straight, the state which gave us "The Shot Heard 'round the World", the state which helped form this great country, the state which played a part in the supreme law of the land feels they need to define a better way to violate that constitution.

Morons about says it.
    Yup. They realized the error of their ways 200+ years ago, so they are attempting to rectify it now. I have an idea if they had it to do all over again, they'd side with Britain and still be British subjects.

The problem with MA is that they didn't drive out, or kill as traitors, all the Tories when we, the US, finally, broke away from Britain. Those Tories bred and are alive and well today as evidenced by their leftist thinking, today.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    Who was that company many years ago that was making those pump action AR15 and AK47s?

BISHOP
    I know Remington makes or made a pump action in .223 that was based on the 870 and used standard AR mags.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Century made a PAR-3 the pump action .223 Ak / SAR-3 type rifle.

That said, we as a nation are being pushed closer and closer to the next revolution.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I would expect commie states with commie AG's with a ban mirroring the 94 ban to follow suits, just because they can.......It will go to court and commie judges will side with the state. That's really F'ed up..... The AG considers dealers and owners who bought in the last 18 years criminals.....They took a bite now, later turn them in......Hard to believe Mass was a founding state....

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I expect that very few of their citizens will give up their ARs.

Local talk show host was on this. "Where is the law?" "Where is the constitutional amendment?"
    The AG just decides one day and its law?

BISHOP

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Time for the manufacturers to go "full-Ronnie" and stop selling/servicing rifles to LEA in Mass.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post

This thread title should have been "AR's illegally redefined by Mass. AG" since it violates the Second amendment.

The directive specifically outlines two tests to determine what constitutes a “copy” or “duplicate” of a prohibited weapon. If a gun’s operating system is essentially the same as that of a banned weapon, or if the gun has components that are interchangeable with those of a banned weapon, it’s a “copy” or “duplicate,” and it is illegal.
    I can just imagine the legal grief this will cause.... "If a gun’s operating system is essentially the same as that of a banned weapon..." so any gas operated firearm falls under the law?

"if the gun has components that are interchangeable with those of a banned weapon"... Red-dot sight fits on an AR-15 and other rifles - therefore those other rifles are illegal too?

If "weapons prohibited under our laws cannot be altered in any way to make their sale or possession legal in Massachusetts"... so what does THAT mean to everyone who already owns one?

Time to JUST SAY NO and NOT COMPLY.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

BISHOP

NO!!!!!!!!!!!

The time to "comply" is long past. This shit will never end unless WE, THE PEOPLE end it.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I know Remington makes or made a pump action in .223 that was based on the 870 and used standard AR mags.

I'm not a lawyer, but this line:

If a gun’s operating system is essentially the same as that of a banned weapon, or if the gun has components that are interchangeable with those of a banned weapon, it’s a “copy” or “duplicate,” and it is illegal.
    makes me think even a pump rifle would be illegal (same mag, same ammo).

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Local talk show host was on this. "Where is the law?" "Where is the constitutional amendment?"
    The AG just decides one day and its law?

BISHOP
    So how can one person decide to do this? Hope someone is filing a law suit on this?
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

no checks and balances it seems.

fuck all these leftist pieces of shit in the ass with a broken broomstick.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

‘Line Out The Door’ For AR-15s After Mass. AG Announces ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...t-weapons-ban/
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

I dont think its a confiscation..... yet. Just banning sales of.

Thank goodness I live in the gunshine state.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gh0zt36 View Post
    I dont think its a confiscation..... yet. Just banning sales of.

Thank goodness I live in the gunshine state.
    No state is 100% safe from Leftist agendas.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    No state is 100% safe from Leftist agendas.
    True. Anyone who thinks they're 100% safe, is a fool. Leftists are like a pathogen. It's like mocking the people dying from the Spanish Flu and you're living next door to them.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast