Thread: Custom MAK90 with 56s furniture.

Custom MAK90 with 56s furniture.

I sold my mak90 years ago . Regretted it so I found this custom little gem . Custom fitted new 56s furniture not off another gun . scuffs you see are from fitting the sidefolder , I may cera kote at some point. Came with all chinese 5rd , 30rd and unknown capacity drum magazine with original chinese drum cover .

Also pictured is a Custom Rguns box set not some chopped parts kit chrome lined zestava RPK with Rguns heavy ribbed chrome lined barrel , tapco g2 trigger

Got these both as a package deal . Both are unfired
    Attached Images Attached Images

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Nice rifles!!!

Since you are going for the pre-Bush1 look, think about a complete hot blue to give it the look of the original 56S-2.

Got a photo of the drum? If it has three scroll bumps on the front, it is 75 rounds, four scroll = 100 round. Inside, the end of the 75 round spider holds one round, 100 rounder has room for 2.

Triangle 36 is factory 36 correct ?

6.jpg
    7.jpg
    5.jpg

How does sending a gun away for hotblue work , do you have the firearm sent back to you in the mail or do you have to do ffl transfer to get it back ? who does good bluing work at a good price?

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Drum is 75 rounds. Factory marking Triangle 36 is one of the many that made drums in China. Many were not marked, so this is nice, but not really special except to someone who collects drums by factory number.

As for having the rifle hot blued. This is considered repair work and per ATF you can send the rifle directly to a repair shop and they can send it directly back to you.

Sorry can't help with a direction to someone doing hot bluing, but have patience, someone will eventually have an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Drum is 75 rounds. Factory marking Triangle 36 is one of the many that made drums in China. Many were not marked, so this is nice, but not really special except to someone who collects drums by factory number.

As for having the rifle hot blued. This is considered repair work and per ATF you can send the rifle directly to a repair shop and they can send it directly back to you.

Sorry can't help with a direction to someone doing hot bluing, but have patience, someone will eventually have an answer.
    Thanks for the info . I don't think I'll be selling any of it though haha . Cool to see I got a uncommonly marked drum though . Someone directed me to fordguns on the west coast of florida but they START at 1700+ for refinishing. And Im not a rich man . thats more than I spent on the rifle lol Ill keep looking for a bluer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gh0zt36 View Post
    How does sending a gun away for hotblue work , do you have the firearm sent back to you in the mail or do you have to do ffl transfer to get it back ? who does good bluing work at a good price?
    Two Rivers Arms has done some beautiful hot blue work for me....and I am not easily impressed. IIRC, it was in the $125 range, but the last one was well over a year ago. They are a great company to deal with, and their work is incredible.

info@tworiversarms.com

where can I find the rear sling mount ring that should be on the 56s side folder ? The holes are there for the D-ring but the ring itself is not . Any parts website for that kinda thing ?

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 02/2013 s15v8's Avatar

numrich's might have the parts you need. http://www.gunpartscorp.com/

love the guns!

I put in 56s trunion sling ring and nothing came up . Hmm This sucks I have the norinco green sling appropriate to this rifle too but for some reason someone took the trunion ring off. I wonder if the smith who fit the sidefolder forgot to put it back on .

I love this rifle.

Has anyone fited an Ultimak gas tube to a mak90 ? I was considering it but I cant seem to find the proper model number . Several folks say m1-b , some say m2-b and the m1-b has no vent while allegedly the proper gas tube / rail has the 4 vent holes . Very confusing . I just want to pu a red dot or possibly a la rue backwards to fit a full length scope .

Never found the trunion ring for the rear sling mount point either