Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Ruger 10/22 model?

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
    I like the middle one.
    The composite with the steel feed lips.
    Is it necessary to take it apart to clean it?I have never even attempted to clean my factory 10 rd or the butler creeks,I still have some of the ramline.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    Is it necessary to take it apart to clean it?I have never even attempted to clean my factory 10 rd or the butler creeks,I still have some of the ramline.
    I have no idea.
    I haven't shot a 22 in decades.

Just slap a Simmons 22 Mag scope on it and be done. Good to go. The Tactical Innovations magazines are the cats azz. If you want a receiver upgrade, Volquartsen is producing some, but I really don't see the point. I think you'd be better served installing a match trigger group and bolt buffer.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    Just slap a Simmons 22 Mag scope on it and be done. Good to go. The Tactical Innovations magazines are the cats azz. If you want a receiver upgrade, Volquartsen is producing some, but I really don't see the point. I think you'd be better served installing a match trigger group and bolt buffer.
    Good to know....

The TI mags are very nice mags, their main feature (besides being able to be taken apart) is they are adjustable to reduce slop and/or the feed angle which makes them more reliable. Most of the guys that run FA 10-22's at the creek swear by them.

Its been a while, but if you go to the Volquartsen web site, they used to sell stuff at a good discount in the "bargain bin". I got my hammer and sear there. If you shim the hammer and do the BB trick in the firing pin channel of the bolt you can really take up most of the slop in the action for just a few dollars. Add to that a match trigger with overtravel stop and you have quite a nice little plinker set up.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
    Anybody ever tried on of these Tactical Innovations magazines before?

http://www.tacticalinc.com/ti25-adva...022-p-532.html
    Heck, call it luck, but I buy the $8 Eagle 30-rounders and never have any problems with them. I just shot one a few weeks ago that's been fully loaded for about five years and it fed fine. Screw paying $20+ for .22 plinking mags!

The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123