Thread: Owner of Foreside Tavern & Restaurant: No AR15 owners or supporters allowed in my restaurant!

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Owner of Foreside Tavern & Restaurant: No AR15 owners or supporters allowed in my restaurant!

Anne Verrill, who owns Foreside Tavern in Portland, Maine, deserves the Zumbo treatment.

https://www.facebook.com/Boycott-Gra...4355797481408/

http://www.necn.com/news/new-england...383161641.html

The owner of a popular restaurant and event center in Portland, Maine, has come under fire for a social media post about semi-automatic weapons, in the wake of the Orlando shooting.

It appeared on the Facebook page for Grace, where owner Anne Verrill posted a picture of what appears to be an AR-15 and wrote, in part:

"I have spent 12 years, intentionally, not being political on this page... Let me be clear, this is not a political issue. This is a human rights issue. If you own this gun, or you condone the ownership of this gun for private use, you may no longer enter either of my restaurants, because the only thing I want to teach my children is love."

The post went on to say: "How many people have to bury their loved ones before we say together, no more."

Grace's Facebook page was quickly inundated with responses. A few comments were positive but many were negative. Some people gave the restaurant negative reviews, others threatened to boycott Grace and the other restaurant Verill owns, the Foreside Tavern in Falmouth, Maine.

"I don't think you should target the people who own [semi-automatic weapons], I think you should target the policy makers," said Maggie Coster, as she walked by Grace in Portland Wednesday.

"There are other ways," sadded Nakita Richards. "She could circulate a petition on her Facebook page to change the law."

The original post was deleted by Wednesday morning, replaced with a new status standing by the original, but explaining that it was deleted due to the nature of the comments.

Anne Verrill declined to speak on camera, but sent necn a private message, explaining: "I don't want to take anyone's gun away, I just do not believe that people should get to privately own assault weapons and call it a second amendment right. Too much has happened."

David Trahan, executive director of the Sportsman's Alliance of Maine, disagrees.

"People that do understand firearms look at that [post] and go, 'That's foolish,'" said Trahan. "The gun that she posted is no different than a semi-automatic hunting rifle. It's going to cost this young lady a lot of business, I think."

Source: Portland Restaurant Owner Under Fire for AR-15 Post | NECN http://www.necn.com/news/new-england...#ixzz4GDQl6nWV
    Follow us: @necn on Twitter | NECN on Facebook
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I hope Mainers let these douches know how they feel about enemies of the right to keep and bear arms.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

I have spent 12 years, intentionally, not being political on this page... Let me be clear, this is not a political issue. This is a human rights issue. If you own this gun, or you condone the ownership of this gun for private use, you may no longer enter either of my restaurants, because the only thing I want to teach my children is love.
    Makes me want to puke. Typical artistic bleeding heart liberal that thinks the world is full of good people and probably has CNN as her home page. Ignorant bitch.
    Offending Bitch
    928536_Verrill.jpg
    Last edited by Sherman; 08-02-2016 at 06:37 PM.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Exclamation

I wonder if She will tell The Raghead Who is Raping Her She loves him before he Slits her Throat? I recall a Notice I read in one of those British Defense Magazines you could get overseas in the Stars and Stripes, about the Saudis going to the M-1 Tank at that Time it was 1982. They had requested the Tank be fitted with the M-105D Sight from the M-60-A1 Tank. I questioned why and most folks where I was stationed at the time felt it was because the Saudis were too stupid to use the Advanced Sights of our M-1. Too Many Years on T-55s and T-62s will do that to you. Only the Egyptians are Professional Tankers on our Level in the Middle East. Arabs are not Tankers by Nature! Egypt is the one Exception, They now use our M-1-A1
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

be a cool place to visit and shit on the bathroom floor.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

not that it matters to me as id never eat there any way, but id say fuck them. and i really dont care that they dont like ar's. what really disgusts me about these ppl is their lack of anything resembling a spine. they deleted their post "because of comments". you can delete ppl comments if they dont like them, they deleted the post because they didnt have the fortitude to stand up for what they believe. they are spineless fucking worms. i hope both their restaurants go bankrupt.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post

I'd leave an upper decker on their upper deck.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

I breathlessly await her bankruptcy.

Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

She'd probably scrape it up with a butter knife and serve it on a sammich, that turd licker.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Scratching that restaurant off my Bucket List and putting it on my Fuckit List.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Well, good. At least we know where not to go and spend money. Finding companies that support American rights can be hard and confusing. This place just made it a little easier.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

It's her business, I support her right to do this (though it's stupid, obviously). Can she enforce it? If I walk in with an LWRC M6 shirt on and she ejects me, is that ok?

So...can another restaurant owner say that he/she doesn't allow anyone that supports Obama or Clinton in? And eject those wearing Obama or Clinton shirts?

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

The Foreskin Tavern? Ew.

If I lived in the area; I would seriously consider making a shit hammock in the restroom.

There is a huge difference between not allowing open carry of a long gun INTO her establishment and openly saying that she will discriminate against customers purely because of their beliefs. She said that even people who apparently don't even have to own an AR-15 style rifle, but support the right to own one, is NOT welcome at her place of business. Well that means anyone who believes that people have a right to keep and bear arms should not patronize her establishments. What an idiot.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Scratching that restaurant off my Bucket List and putting it on my Fuckit List.
    Not that I'd ever be in Main but yeah that says it for me too!

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

No need to get nasty fellas, just share this with everyone that you know - get the word out and help her get her wish.

Shut her ass down.

I hate communist tools. She has no idea that going down the road that she's asking for will eventually end up with her working for the .gov and giving up all of the profits of her business. Not that anyone would be able to afford to eat there eventually...
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~