Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got the porsche

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2014 Hatedbysheeple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooftop voter View Post
    Nice ride man. You ever gonna track it? Probably be very fun around a course. Most tracks will have little schools to teach you how to drive a road course, at least a couple of the tracks that I've been to have them.
    I want to in the spring, I'm rusty on manual transmission driving and I want to put in a little stiffer suspension
    Initial Success or Total Failure

Nice ride. Congratulations Sir.

I wonder if this guy wishes he'd traded for a sports car;
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=14c_1470586741
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Took it out for a drive today about 4 hours of highway and interstate, the guy who had it before didn't drive it much and it needed to be run. I found out that I can hit 50 in second gear, and 80 in third. On the interstate I can be in 6th, at near idle doing 75 no problem, getting 28 mpg. By the end of the day the car seemed happier and more responsive. I'm tempted to change the oil once I put 500 miles on it even though the dealer said they changed it.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Thumbs up

My favorite Love of a Porsche, came out in 1977, but is sadly no longer made! The Beautiful, Sporty, Porsche 928! Loved that Porsche! She had Rear Wheel Drive, and a big V-8. The only Porsche I would ever want to own. Great Wheels you have, too bad is 8 Years old. Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Sweet! Your bike must have been a high-end Harley... $20K is a lot for a bike!
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Be sure to let us know BOTH how many times you get pulled over AND how many of those times results in a ticket in say - - the first two months!
    Last edited by JTHunter; 08-14-2016 at 10:51 PM.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Nice ride!

Well Done.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

I've always liked the look of the Cayman. Nice

Took the car in for a major service last week, the previous owner had done no recorded maintenance. So new plugs, new coils (old ones were cracked), new timing belt and a good lube and return to spec of all components and it's a totally different car. Drove up to DC last weekend, it's nice doing 85 at almost idle in 6th and having to drop to 4th to pass and hitting 95 before I even notice. This winter looking at upgrading the suspension, stereo, next spring maybe a turbo.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Very smart of you to spend the dollars on the major service. Not knowing the past history hurts, and that timing belt gets expensive if it breaks.

I have had three Porsches in the long ago, and they were a blast! The only one I wish I kept was a 356C that I had a zillion years ago. It needed work that I couldn't afford at the time, so I made the mistake of selling it. That old "upside down bathtub" is worth a fortune today!

Been looking at both the Cayman and an older 911 and came close to getting a Carrera 4 but chickened out at the last minute. 10 years old, well kept and a really good price, but being retired repair costs and normal maintenance scared me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12