Thread: East Coast Guys: How'd You Make Out With Hermine?

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

East Coast Guys: How'd You Make Out With Hermine?

Hermine's outer wind bands and rain have been hitting here for the last few hours. The eye is still over NC, but slowly moving my way. It's supposed to move off into the ocean and restrengthen back into a hurricane sometime tomorrow, causing major coastal flooding and beach erosion.

The resort beaches are already closed and it's going to be a bust for the last big tourist splurge this year. Our economy is going to take a hit....big time.

So far, I have 4/10" of rain and the wind is starting to pick up a little. We're under a Tropical Storm warning right now, but it's predicted to move a little farther out into the ocean than previously thought, so that's good.

For those of you that have already been touched by Hermine, how'd you make out?

Hope no one got hurt or had any property damage.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post

Not to make light of a bad situation, but reading the above in the context of "Hermine" being some dude made me chuckle.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 02/2013 s15v8's Avatar

I worked yesterday through it, it was a little windy and rain

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

A good wine, the right lighting, Barry White in the hifi. Oh the storm? I live in Tennessee. No bigee here. Good luck to those guys.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

A big ass branch was knocked down in my front yard. We had no power all day long. Besides that it was nothing special. Just a pain in the ass to sit inside all day with nowhere to go and no power to entertain myself indoors with poor lighting.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

"I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Firewood.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Missed me. I replaced my truck back bumper and did some rust converter and buoy paint on the underside. Was sunny and hot today.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Big storm goes up the east coast and this morning I got a text from my daughter in north Texas about just having an earthquake.

Have a brother in Charlotte. Haven't heard how they made out yet, but seeing his posts on Facebook they had no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Hermine's outer wind bands and rain have been hitting here for the last few hours. The eye is still over NC, but slowly moving my way. It's supposed to move off into the ocean and restrengthen back into a hurricane sometime tomorrow, causing major coastal flooding and beach erosion.

The resort beaches are already closed and it's going to be a bust for the last big tourist splurge this year. Our economy is going to take a hit....big time.

So far, I have 4/10" of rain and the wind is starting to pick up a little. We're under a Tropical Storm warning right now, but it's predicted to move a little farther out into the ocean than previously thought, so that's good.

Absolutely nothing happened in Western NY (Buffalo area). Bright clear blue skies.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I'm in Williamsburg, VA right now and it's been overcast and rainy off and on but nothing major to speak of. I know earlier today there were parts of Virginia Beach, VA without power as I was on the phone with folks there. Overall nothing real bad so far.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Probably got 1/2" of rain, a little wind yesterday (Friday) in the early morning hours over night until about dawn. No big deal.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Well, my area (eastern MD) dodged a bullet this past weekend. Hermine came off the coast of NC and went farther out to sea than predicted, sparing us. It, also, didn't restrengthen back into a hurricane. Now, it seems to be moving back towards the NE coast and threatening their coastlines. Hope any of you in the NE manage to dodge the bullet, too.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars