Thread: The answer to Chitcago's shootings is....

The answer to Chitcago's shootings is....

Dwyane Wade mourns cousin, urges tougher gun laws in Chicago
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/nba-star-...4438--spt.html

Lol seriously.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

The real answer is known by all but there is now way anyone will actually implement it..........personal responsibility. Start taking responsibility for your choices, for your children, for your education, for your well being, for your community and for your future. I fact it's so easy that for the most part they don't have to "Do" anything as much as they have to "NOT DO" things. Don't get pregnant. Don't father children outside of marriage. Don't father or bear children you cannot financially and emotionally support on your own as a family. It's not that hard to do
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

They have to keep their stats up. They're impressive by any standard;
    http://heyjackass.com/
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Typical liberal argument. More gun laws, people are afraid of the police (who are their only protection against criminals [since they aren't allowed to own guns]), prisons don't rehabilitate inmates, etc, etc, ad nauseum.

Yup, more gun laws and stronger gun laws are needed. That will solve everything....

How's it been working for you so far?....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

Did shitty hall ever consider doing away with catch n release..........enough snitches in the ghetto should turn up some of the problems.......then, true prosecution and slammer time. I realize this is a racist....red neck concept.......what have they got to loose....
    Dan

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

The answer goes very deep.

1) Eliminate welfare as we know it - transition to work fare with help in job training. Work with the Churches for people who really need assistance.
    2) Incentivize businesses to locate in the low-employment areas, provide assistance to small business start-ups.
    3) Institute strict discipline in the schools. End common core. Create a jobs training path after 6th grade to train kids to become welders, electricians, carpenters, office workers, millwrights, etc. - focus on what's in demand and pays well. Assist them in getting jobs at graduation.
    4) Truth in sentencing - start locking up the criminals.
    5) Gun law reform - as in eliminating the gun control laws and allowing concealed carry, etc. for law-abiding folks.

This is good medicine for the entire country IMHO. But is absolutely necessary immediately in the inner cities and other blighted areas.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Dear Mr. Wade:

Sorry for your loss. As Chicago has among the most strict gun control laws in the country, the answer is simple, no more gun laws, they don't work. Just make murder illegal. That would solve everything.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    The answer goes very deep.

1) Eliminate welfare as we know it - transition to work fare with help in job training. Work with the Churches for people who really need assistance.
    2) Incentivize businesses to locate in the low-employment areas, provide assistance to small business start-ups.
    3) Institute strict discipline in the schools. End common core. Create a jobs training path after 6th grade to train kids to become welders, electricians, carpenters, office workers, millwrights, etc. - focus on what's in demand and pays well. Assist them in getting jobs at graduation.
    4) Truth in sentencing - start locking up the criminals.
    5) Gun law reform - as in eliminating the gun control laws and allowing concealed carry, etc. for law-abiding folks.

This is good medicine for the entire country IMHO. But is absolutely necessary immediately in the inner cities and other blighted areas.
    All good ideas but I still believe you need to change the core beliefs first. Getting knocked up in high school or knocking up someone in high school shouldn't be a crime but neither should it be the norm. One woman, regardless of skin color raising any child alone should not be applauded any more than fathering multiple children with multiple women.

It used to be that 99% of children came from a home with a married mother and father. I'm being somewhat exaggerated with the 99% but it was the vast majority. Today I bet 99% of children at least no someone who has no father in their lives.

Change the family dynamic and you can change the future of that family. Unacceptable/ irresponsible behavior needs to be labeled as such and discouraged not encouraged.
    E
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

It's a cultural thing, the product of an advanced and carefully concealed form of slavery.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    All good ideas but I still believe you need to change the core beliefs first. Getting knocked up in high school or knocking up someone in high school shouldn't be a crime but neither should it be the norm. One woman, regardless of skin color raising any child alone should not be applauded any more than fathering multiple children with multiple women.

It used to be that 99% of children came from a home with a married mother and father. I'm being somewhat exaggerated with the 99% but it was the vast majority. Today I bet 99% of children at least no someone who has no father in their lives.

Change the family dynamic and you can change the future of that family. Unacceptable/ irresponsible behavior needs to be labeled as such and discouraged not encouraged.
    E
    The quickest way to start this is to stop subsidizing children. Either stop giving tax breaks (or government payout checks) for having kids, or put a small tax on having kids (extreme, but it would work, too). No more gov't checks for popping out a bunch of kids and letting the state raise them.

If you can't afford to have a kid, or raise them, then keep your legs closed at the knees

You're welcome to have all the kids you can afford.

If certain groups of people complain that this is racist and the poor wouldn't be able to have kids, then they are welcome to join the work force.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    The quickest way to start this is to stop subsidizing children. Either stop giving tax breaks (or government payout checks) for having kids, or put a small tax on having kids (extreme, but it would work, too). No more gov't checks for popping out a bunch of kids and letting the state raise them.

If you can't afford to have a kid, or raise them, then keep your legs closed at the knees

You're welcome to have all the kids you can afford.

If certain groups of people complain that this is racist and the poor wouldn't be able to have kids, then they are welcome to join the work force.

Deregulation is the key. The war on drugs incentivizes illicit activity by increasing the market value of contraband. Business regulations, zoning, and occupational licensing keep the poor unemployed. Mandatory minimum sentencing keeps potential fathers in prison, while abortion is subsidized and marketed for black babies, and education and job opportunities are focused on black females in order to keep their population under control like the old slave days. Keep the men dumb and locked up out in the barn and only educate the women so they control the family and influence it to stay subservient to the master.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Dwyane Wade mourns cousin, urges tougher gun laws in Chicago
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/nba-star-...4438--spt.html

Lol seriously.

Dwyane Wade has lashed out against Chicago's gun laws, calling them weak and saying he's urged officials in his hometown to enact changes to make the city safer.
    How about this: Ban all guns and confiscate them?

Result: Lots of dead cops, lots of dead gun owners and nothing accomplished. Criminals will still get them and use them.

"Gun Laws" are actually "people control laws". Anyone who TRULY believes that any sort of "gun law" will stop criminal use needs SERIOUS help.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!