Thread: SAR-1

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

SAR-1

You don't see these to much any more for sale.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/587439756
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Boy does that bring back some good memories! Compared to prices of current what ATF lets us have, not a bad price either as of now ($505). Will be interesting to see the final sale price.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Up to $681. These were like $300 back in the day. I still have one - albeit with new furniture, etc.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

I paid a little under 220 for mine back in '03. Have never had an issue with it, although the unfinished furniture did put me off a tad at the time.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome to the group, jbruney !!!

SAR-1 were and still are a really nice AKM variant. Most were trouble free although trigger slap due to cheap parts Century used to bring the rifle into compliance with the AT and unconstitutional F definition of the sporting purpose clause of the new second amendment. Then ATF realized that the SAR series was being imported as a complete non-conforming rifle and modified here in the land of shall not be infringed. They then decided to further stomp on our rights by declaring that long guns must be imported meeting the sporting purpose stupidity. They then banned importation of non-compliant long guns which put an end to SAR importation.

If you paid under $200 for that SAR-1 back in 2003 you got one steal of a deal as the cheapest I have ever seen one was just under $270.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Thumbs up

I still have my 2001 SAR-1. I've got around 10,000 rds through it with zero issues, though I did just replace the factory FCG with a Tapco G2 setup. One of the last rifles in my collection I would part with.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.