Thread: Looking at Atlantics AK's and have a $2k budget - Want the DDR and ?????

Looking at Atlantics AK's and have a $2k budget - Want the DDR and ?????

I am looking at buying 2 AK's and am really wanting the DDR clone....and wanting suggestions on another

$2k MAX budget but want cheaper -

$979.00
    1 x DDR AK 47 Rifle East German
    $1,059.00
    1 x Atlantic Polish AK47 WBP Rifle, No Layaway
    $759.00
    1 x AK 47 Rifle WASR 10 , QC INSPECTED
    $699.00
    1 x High Standard AK47 Rifle Underfolder
    $799.00
    1 x AK47 Rifle Battlefield Pick-Up Romy VPG

I'd go with the Polish that's only a little over budget next would be the underfolder
    Gotta go with your gut on just what strikes you best
    You must really have the itch going
    The others don't really do anything for me
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    As much as I am a true AK-nut, I have to apologize for not offering an opinion other than buy the one you like. My reasoning is that when it comes to AKs and their variants, I am a bigot in that I prefer factory built rifles. While I am thrilled that we have many here in the land of shall not be infringed building new AK/AKMs, I have a pain in my heart when I hear someone say "kit" knowing that it at one time was a constitutionally legal rifle that was destroyed by ATF edict and then allowed to be rebuilt per their specifications to be able to be sold to we the people.

Again, not saying there is any one rifle preferable over another, just saying that you should go with the one that you look at and say "I just gotta have that!"

I know what you're saying.

I want rifles that look as close as possible to the real deal......

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Galil ACE!!!

I picked one of these up in a shop a while back and was blown away. Ever since I find myself often dreaming of the ACE as I drift off to sleep at night.

Milled receiver, lighter than other milled AKs, comes with the fancy furniture and rails on it from the factory, has a optics rail from the factory, and awesome M16-A1 iron sights. Operating the bolt was as smooth as butter.

I think a galil-ace with the miniature 3x ACOG and a good light would be about the most badass AK setup available.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/comp....html?Itemid=0

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/comp....html?Itemid=0
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"