Thread: Turkey sightings

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Turkey sightings

NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Dude, don't start.
    There's a pack(25-30) of them that hang out about an half mile from my house.
    Best believe I will be stuff come November!
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

I see wild packs of them all over the place here in Norcal.

With no human predation here in "granola land" the do quite well for themselves. (It doesn't even occur to these idiots that there's a potential source of organic free range poultry blocking the road...)

This was a batch of 12 or so,we have spotted as many as 20 at one time.I'm going to have my limit this year.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    This was a batch of 12 or so,we have spotted as many as 20 at one time.I'm going to have my limit this year.
    I got the crap scared out of me about two weeks ago by a flock of turkeys. The dog and I had gone down to the river to scout around a bit, I decided to walk the bank for a ways and came across a patch of tall grass that grew in a section right up close to the river. For whatever reason they stayed in the grass patch until the dog and I got to within about 10', then all hell broke lose with them taking off and making a ton of noise. I thought the dumb dog was going to crawl in my pocket, I'm pretty sure he didn't even know what they where, gave us both a good start.
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    I got the crap scared out of me about two weeks ago by a flock of turkeys. The dog and I had gone down to the river to scout around a bit, I decided to walk the bank for a ways and came across a patch of tall grass that grew in a section right up close to the river. For whatever reason they stayed in the grass patch until the dog and I got to within about 10', then all hell broke lose with them taking off and making a ton of noise. I thought the dumb dog was going to crawl in my pocket, I'm pretty sure he didn't even know what they where, gave us both a good start.
    When we left the lease Saturday,we spotted 9 turkeys hanging out on the gate.We had already packed away all the gear in the tool box so no pics.I did not expect to see turkeys on the gate to leave the lease.

I had one in the front yard while I was having a party. Sent the niece to go and chase it. Turkey's are very uncoordinated. It tripped on a big rock while running away and did a nice face plant. My niece almost caught the damn thing.

More turkeys than I can legally bag.

Turkey is favorite hunting bird. My grand pa is a hunter and his favorite is turkey. To find it is difficult, when you luckily find it the day become a party day.
    aged care queensland
    Last edited by Wiktor; 04-20-2013 at 11:50 AM.