Thread: Fukushima nuke plants suffer another quake and tsunami

Fukushima nuke plants suffer another quake and tsunami

Emergency at Fukushima after major M7.4 quake — Workers evacuated as tsunami hits nuke plants — Public told “Please Flee Immediately” — “Cooling systems at reactor FAILED… Fears nuclear waste may leak” — Prime Minister: We must grasp extent of damage — Officials warn of more powerful quakes (VIDEOS)
    http://enenews.com/urgent-emergency-...t-of-damage-ex

As if Japan and the pacific ocean didn't have it bad enough with the radiation.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Emergency at Fukushima after major M7.4 quake — Workers evacuated as tsunami hits nuke plants — Public told “Please Flee Immediately” — “Cooling systems at reactor FAILED… Fears nuclear waste may leak” — Prime Minister: We must grasp extent of damage — Officials warn of more powerful quakes (VIDEOS)
    http://enenews.com/urgent-emergency-...t-of-damage-ex

As if Japan and the pacific ocean didn't have it bad enough with the radiation.

The Nuke plants are pretty much closed. Remember all those 'old Japanese citizens" who volunteered to take 'one way missions' to help seal the leaks, knowing that they will probably die from radiation. Sorry, I can't see Amish Yutes in Chicago having that sort of dedication. ......

Japan surely does NOT need more earthquakes and tsunamis to spread even more 'Fukushima' contamination. Ugh.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Are there parts of Japan, that are closed off for Thousands of Years? Like Chernobyl?
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    Are there parts of Japan, that are closed off for Thousands of Years? Like Chernobyl?

Chernobyl is open for tourists and others.

"I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

I heard and read, that some of the Areas had to be closed off for a long time, I am surprised that Guy was able to get back in there.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    I heard and read, that some of the Areas had to be closed off for a long time, I am surprised that Guy was able to get back in there.
    Well, folks started living in Hiroshima not too long after the bombing there. Only the folks who experienced the immediate radiation burst suffered from other health problems, but you'd be surprised how quickly radiation diminishes. Do I recommend going into 'hot zones'? Uh, no way, but even in really bad areas, the trees come back, the animals come back ..... maybe even the spiders will grow to gigantic size, one can hope

I've always wondered why Hiroshima and Nagasaki are thriving cities today but cherynobyl is untouchable. I've been told there is a big difference between the fusion that takes place from a nuclear explosion compared to what happens during a meltdown

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    I've always wondered why Hiroshima and Nagasaki are thriving cities today but cherynobyl is untouchable. I've been told there is a big difference between the fusion that takes place from a nuclear explosion compared to what happens during a meltdown
    I'm not sure, but I think the bombs dropped on Japan were both fission bombs. Fusion bombs weren't developed until later.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Well, folks started living in Hiroshima not too long after the bombing there. Only the folks who experienced the immediate radiation burst suffered from other health problems, but you'd be surprised how quickly radiation diminishes. Do I recommend going into 'hot zones'? Uh, no way, but even in really bad areas, the trees come back, the animals come back ..... maybe even the spiders will grow to gigantic size, one can hope

Growing up I was taught that a nuke spelled doom for everything. Then I enlisted in the Army and my first duty station required I receive advanced training about them. I was surprised as hell to learn both there and in regular periodic NBC training that you can move into a nuclear contaminated area rather quickly and how little protective equipment is necessary to shield you.
    Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    The problem is there's hundreds of tons of fuel rods and control rods melted together in Chernobyl as well as in Fukushima. The blasts in Nagasaki and Hiroshima used up much of the actual radioactive components and little was left of the originally radioactive mass to remain dangerous today. That's why Nagasaki and Hiroshima are beautiful cities where Chernobyl and Fukushima are places of death. Also, Fukushima still spews 400 tons of irradiated water into the pacific ocean every day, dunno if the latest quake made that better or worse.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    That's why Nagasaki and Hiroshima are beautiful cities ....

Lol for a moment, I thought you were saying that's because Nagasaki and Hiroshima aren't run by DEMOCRATS! bwahahaha