Thread: Polish steel AK mags good to go?

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Polish steel AK mags good to go?

Long time to "see" guys. Hope all is well with everyone.

As the title asks, are Polish steel AK mags good to go? 7.62x39 of course. I still don't have an AK yet, but I'm seeing some decent prices for mags so I'm thinking making score mags for good prices.

Thanks!
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    The ones that AIM surplus have are pretty nice. The first batch I got had a really good refinish done to them, so they were pretty similar to standard factory mags. The second batch had a more sloppy paint done, but were still in good shape.

Cheapest AK mags at the moment are at PSA

http://palmettostatearmory.com/blem-...teel-30rd.html

I'm not overly fond of yugo pattern mags, but $139 shipped for 20 is a screaming deal.

AIMsurplus are the ones I was looking at. Thanks!

EDIT: what's the rep for Croatian AK mags?
    Last edited by NewbieAKguy; 11-24-2016 at 12:14 PM.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbieAKguy View Post
    AIMsurplus are the ones I was looking at. Thanks!

EDIT: what's the rep for Croatian AK mags?
    I've heard from a couple of guys who bought from the $6.99 mags, reports are pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    I've heard from a couple of guys who bought from the $6.99 mags, reports are pretty good.
    That's good to know. I went ahead and got 10 of the Croatian mags from PSA and 5 Polish mags from AIM Surplus. Thanks for the info.