Thread: Ordered one of I.O.s AKMS with Wood Handguards.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Post Ordered one of I.O.s AKMS with Wood Handguards.

They also still have the S. Korean Steel 30 Round AKM Magazines. Hope to have it Monday. For anyone who did not know, Inter Ordnance in Palm Bay, Fla., Uses Royal Tiger Imports which is just down the Road in Palm Bay, to sell their Rifles. I was glad to see I.O. Kept the same Price that had 3 Months ago. I call this my Victory Rifle. Got a whole set of Polish AKM Parts to put on it, Sling, Hand guards, Pistol grip, AKM Comp. that does not say made in USA on it. Remember the whole Rifle is made in the USA, it does not matter how may parts I change to make it a PKMS. Plan on Posting Photos once the Rifle is a Proper AKMS. Glad to have another Underfolder. For Years I was a Chi-Com AK Guy. Sort of getting back to the Soviet Block. My First AK I got was one of the Kassnar AKMS Hungarian Rifles, for less than 450.00 in May, 1987. Wish I still had it. Perhaps some day when I have some Money to Burn get me another Pre-ban AKMS. but for now this will do. Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I'm sorry to have to inform you of this, but IO has the worst reputation of any AK made in the US. I would try to sell it before you fire it so that you can get the most back out of it. If you wait for it to fall apart you'll get nothing in return.

"I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

"I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

You are referring to the old I.O. of 10 Years ago Right? There were Junk. The new ones from Palm Bay, I have only heard good stuff about. Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    You are referring to the old I.O. of 10 Years ago Right? There were Junk. The new ones from Palm Bay, I have only heard good stuff about. Paul

Unfortunately no. The new IO's reputation is as bad as the old one.

Bad move bad move.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Perhaps it is not too late for me to salvage this situation. Paul

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

no need to worry, earlier this year they hired the qc guy from taurus as vp.

i kid. i do have a few taurus handguns and love them, never had a problem, but gotta admit, they do have a reputation........ hope it works out for you.

Well you shot your rifle yet?
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

No there is a local Gunsmith who specializes in AK's Sold it to him. I lost a little on the resale to him, but he said he can salvage, it, he is one of those class 7 Builders. He uses those No DAK Something Receivers, He said he can make a nice Build out of it. Fine, Learned a valuable lesson. Here, All the AK's I have ever owned have been Prebans, as in pre-1989, Other than maybe getting an Arsenal someday, I will never own another Post 1989 AK again! Cost more! but worth it. Hell even a regular Pre-ban Norinco Underfolder is better made that more than half the Shit out there. Arsenal is the Only exception I can think of. Too may Bubbas out there. Paul

IMHO, chinese, romanian ,vepr and arsenal are all i'd buy if i got a chance to buy a AK nowadays.

all the IO's at our gun shops here have been the same ones sitting there for almost 3 years, look like cheap garbage.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

The AK's made in factories that produce military rifles, are the best. I.O. uses cast parts, that should be forged steel.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Yep, just get ya a good ol WASR and go from there. Mine is from a few years ago but it's excellent.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~