Thread: Best sites for my supplies

Best sites for my supplies

Hey everyone, I'm finally getting a reloader for Christmas. I ordered the lee classic 4 hole turret press, a tumbler, and dies for 9mm luger and .308 just to start out with. All I need to do now is find the best sites for my primers, powder, and bullets. Would you guys mind sending me some links, so I can start my price comparing? Thanks in advance.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

wideners and midway are my go-to's if im ordering online.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Look at the stickies here. http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.ph...ces-post-em-up!

I get a lot of my supplies from www.grafs.com - their prices include shipping
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Last edited by Darrell; 12-04-2016 at 12:23 AM.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abpt1 View Post
    bryan and i were just talking the other day about how trops selection seems to have turned to shit since the move. their entire reloading section is the size of just the bullet selection before, and ammo selection they have now seems worse than during the drought. and a whole room for purses, wtf is that??

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    bryan and i were just talking the other day about how trops selection seems to have turned to shit since the move. their entire reloading section is the size of just the bullet selection before, and ammo selection they have now seems worse than during the drought. and a whole room for purses, wtf is that??
    Yeah last two weeks they moved every thing around in that end of the store it looks a lot bigger but the selection is kinda, eah? but it is one of the only stores in the state that carries Dillon equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by abpt1 View Post
    Yeah last two weeks they moved every thing around in that end of the store it looks a lot bigger but the selection is kinda, eah? but it is one of the only stores in the state that carries Dillon equipment.

last time i was at that store they had NDM-86's for $800 a piece.

PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/ One more good source for powder, primers and bullets in bulk. The biggest problem with powder and primer purchase is the f'ing HAZMAT fee the Government leaches tacked on to them. It started out at $5 bucks in the early 1990's and now it is $25 bucks a package. Unless you're going to purchase a case of powder or primers it isn't cost effective to buy these by mail. I use the internet prices and factor in shipping with Hazmat to come up with my price per 1000 primers or lb. of powder. I then usually go to a gunshow and look for a dealer that can beat that price. They buy in huge bulk loads so their cost is usually lower than if I buy direct.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/ One more good source for powder, primers and bullets in bulk. The biggest problem with powder and primer purchase is the f'ing HAZMAT fee the Government leaches tacked on to them. It started out at $5 bucks in the early 1990's and now it is $25 bucks a package. Unless you're going to purchase a case of powder or primers it isn't cost effective to buy these by mail. I use the internet prices and factor in shipping with Hazmat to come up with my price per 1000 primers or lb. of powder. I then usually go to a gunshow and look for a dealer that can beat that price. They buy in huge bulk loads so their cost is usually lower than if I buy direct.
    Thanks for the advice Schuetzenman. I noticed that the Hazmat fees are ridiculous for the powders too. It kind of defeats the whole reason for getting into reloading; I want to save money in the long run, not waste it on Hazmat fees just for 2lbs of powder. I guess I'll have to wait until I can order a whole case of powders and primers at one time to make it cost effective, or price things out at gunshows/local dealers.