Thread: Alpha wolf barrels

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question Alpha wolf barrels

Anyone have one of these?
    https://www.lonewolfdist.com/products.aspx?CAT=8070

They look interesting. I've got a Lone Wolf 40-9 conversion barrel in my G35 and have had no problems with though I haven't tried any lead bullets through it. The Alpha Wolf barrels look sweet and claim to be more accurate. Just wondering if they are worth the extra $40 or so more than a standard LW barrel?
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 12-06-2016 at 07:01 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

No experience with them, but they do look good. They are made in USA - their older barrels are Korean-made. I have noticed that their website seems to be lacking in the older non-AlphaWolf barrels. I wonder if they're gradually going to discontinue them and sell AlphaWolf barrels exclusively some day.

BTW, I, too, have a 40-9 Lone Wolf conversion barrel for my G35. Works awesome.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I also have no experience with them. They look nice.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    No experience with them, but they do look good. They are made in USA - their older barrels are Korean-made. I have noticed that their website seems to be lacking in the older non-AlphaWolf barrels. I wonder if they're gradually going to discontinue them and sell AlphaWolf barrels exclusively some day.

BTW, I, too, have a 40-9 Lone Wolf conversion barrel for my G35. Works awesome.
    Not to get off topic but do you use your G35 mags with the 9x19 barrel or do you use G17 mags? I always use the 9mm mags but I've read posts where guys use their G35 mags with 9mm and have no problems or few problems in which case they just use them at the range and not for carry or "serious" use.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I use 9mm mags, but a trial with 9mm in .40 mags seemed to work just fine. I keep some dedicated 9mm mags, some range .40 mags, and loaded .40 mags with self defense ammo along with the extra barrels in one of these Midway USA cases to keep everything for the G35 organized:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/93...al-pistol-case

The pics don't show the backside of the case but it has two large zippered accessory compartments on the back - that's where I keep 9/40 range mags and the extra barrels.

My G35 with conversion barrel and light. My "night stand gun".

USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Ha, mine is my nightstand gun, too. I have a TLR-1 on mine and I use a Glock factory 22 round mag.

I went with the TLR-3
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

I've got Lone Wolf and Storm Lake barrels. Both are accurate and handle lead bullets great. FWIIW

I like the ability to extend the barrel length, change calibers (I have a 40 S&W for my G20 10mm) and yes, shoot hard cast bullets without leading.

10mm is one of the most versatile for caliber changes. Can convert to 40 S&W, 357 Sig and I think 9mm. No mag change needed for the first two. So one gun can shoot multiple calibers for about $100 investment in a barrel for each.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~