Thread: Need some IT help.

Need some IT help.

Got a Geforce Gtx 1050ti vid card yesterday and...........for some reason my computer wont accept downloads from nvidia. shit starts then goes right to 0bs.

I've tried everything I could find on the net and yute tube nothing works . tried, IE, chrome and firefox. same results. disabled all my firewall/virus shit and nothing.

windows 7 64 bit.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers

I use 'manual drivers' cause "geforce experience" is a ram hog.

i wonder if it's possible, somebody knowledgeable could download the driver ,turn it into a moveable file and email it to me and try it that way.

I dont know many computer type people, explaining crap like this is like rocket appliance to them .
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    Got a Geforce Gtx 1050ti vid card yesterday and...........for some reason my computer wont accept downloads from nvidia. shit starts then goes right to 0bs.

I've tried everything I could find on the net and yute tube nothing works . tried, IE, chrome and firefox. same results. disabled all my firewall/virus shit and nothing.

windows 7 64 bit.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers

I use 'manual drivers' cause "geforce experience" is a ram hog.

i wonder if it's possible, somebody knowledgeable could download the driver ,turn it into a moveable file and email it to me and try it that way.

I dont know many computer type people, explaining crap like this is like rocket appliance to them .

I'll try. Checking it out now.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I'm working on it now. Should be able to PM you a link in a few minutes.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

PM sent

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

1050 Ti Which brand? I could see the Windows 7 being your problem. Found this, it hints at 7 being supported. (shrugs shoulders). I went to 10 a year ago. I'm running a 1070 by Asus in my PC. Got it at the end of August this year.

So you don't know if you have Intel or AMD for a CPU? Do you know how to get into the UEFI also known as the BIOS? Reboot your PC and spam the delete key, it should go into the UEFI / BIOs and in there you will be able to read about your CPU, RAM and drives.

funky that might have worked. took a little in that version but my device manger reconizes my card now and updated. gonna test some shit.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

i just have to find a DVI-D adapter, using the hdmi port/cable on my 40" monitor is limiting my resolutions on some shit.

that means a trip to retard/pedo radio shack.

just cause 3 does look pretty slick .
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

also funky your box is full.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

HK - sorry to hear of your problem.
    Like you, I'm using a 64 bit Win. 7 and have a GTX950 card. The shop that put this system together for me left a shortcut on the desktop but I have never used it. I'm not much of a gamer and I have enough to contend with using Office 2000 on this system. Excel opens fine like it did on XP when I hit "Ctrl-Shift-E" but Word doesn't ("Ctrl-Shift-W"). It pops up a screen asking if I want this program to make changes to the system. I can't go to "My Documents" and click on a Word document and have it open.
    Malewarebytes also has to jump through hoops before the program opens but SpyBot doesn't. Go figure.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

also funky your box is full.
    Glad I could help. Box is got room now too fyi.

In terms of your cables, why would HDMI limit your resolutions? Is it limiting it to television resolutions, such as 720p and 1080p?

why would HDMI limit your resolutions?

my tv/monitor is set up primarily for VGA if using a computer. sure it has like 8 other slots for shit to fit in to but by using the hdmi it converts it to tv resolution with the same refresh rates. same deal as with the older big video cards that had the composite output option (rca cables) , colors/resolution was way off cause your tv took it as a tv signal.

i actually bought a sharp 32" crt tv for $20 this summer to use with all my older gaming systems. I tried rf/composite output even with signal boosters and with new tv's theres too much lag input and the colors/appearance looked horrible.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

my tv/monitor is set up primarily for VGA if using a computer. sure it has like 8 other slots for shit to fit in to but by using the hdmi it converts it to tv resolution with the same refresh rates. same deal as with the older big video cards that had the composite output option (rca cables) , colors/resolution was way off cause your tv took it as a tv signal.

i actually bought a sharp 32" crt tv for $20 this summer to use with all my older gaming systems. I tried rf/composite output even with signal boosters and with new tv's theres too much lag input and the colors/appearance looked horrible.

Oh man. I've had similar dual monitor issues over the years. Some TV's work well with computers and others don't I've found. Thankfully my current primary flat screen is compatible with my primary laptop, so I can dual display with no issues, including gaming on the large display if I feel like playing with a gamepad.

CRTs are the best for retro gaming. RF is absolutely the worst signal type, composite is acceptable on CRTs, S-video is really good on CRT's, and if you get lucky, sometimes you can find late model CRTs with component ("Y," "Pb" and "Pr") input for true 480i, this is the best for CRT. Additionally, many of the older game systems can be modified for S-video if they do not have it naturally, such as the Genesis model 1 and the NES. Super NES, N64, PS1, and Sega Saturn have s-video capability, Sega Dreamcast has VGA output in 480p, and PS2 and Xbox have component output ("Y," "Pb" and "Pr") for 480p or 480i.

If you haven't already, get a Sega Dreamcast. You can download and burn the games for it and play them with no hassle. Also it's just a good game system, especially if you like weird Japanese shit and spaceship shooters ("shmups", hate that term).

adapter wont work. i have to get an actual dvi-d to vga converter.

technology is ghey.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Just grabbed it from Nvidia... try to download it from my server: http://www.hobbytent.com/other/files...ional-whql.exe
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

next time try this ....Its so much easier.

http://download.cnet.com/Driver-Easy...-75090748.html