Thread: Passengers: What a Grand and Glorious Film it was, the best you could hope for! SPOLER POST!

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Thumbs up Passengers: What a Grand and Glorious Film it was, the best you could hope for! SPOLER POST!

I went to see passengers Thursday Night. Chris Pratt, and Jennifer Lawrence, with a brief but memorial Role by Lawrence Fishburne. I can highly recommend it! Set in the Far Future on a Large Starship, easily 10 Times the Size of the Enterprise! Most likely the finest Role I have seen Jennifer Lawrence in so far.

30 Years into the 120 Year Voyage to the Distant Colony World Homestead 2, The Ship runs into a large meteor Shower. Which causes Damage to the Ships Reactor. Chris Pratt is woke up, and finds out he cannot get back into his Sleep Pod. Most likely he was woke up by the Computer, as he is a mechanic by Trade.

It is 90 Years to the Planet. He starts to fall apart, with his only Friend the Bartender Robot. He tries several times to get into the Bridge with no avail. He starts to fall apart, just like Bruce Dern did in the very Excellent 1972 Movie, Silent Running.

One Day while roaming the Sleep Pod Bays, he finds(Aurora) Jennifer Lawrence. He starts to read about her, on the Computers Bio. of the passengers. He finds the Manuals for the Pod, and Brings her out of hibernation. For awhile he was able to keep this a secret from her. He does his best to try to cheer her up. When he takes her outside in the Space Suits tethered to the Ship. She finally opens up to him.

Cleaver how he grabbed her Hand when the went flying out into Space. When they return to the Ship he has won her over. She moves into his luxury Suite he took over. and they start a live together.

I like how he tells her one morning at Breakfast, how She is the most beautiful Woman he has ever seen! She clears off the Table and then starts to make love to him.

She is a Writer, and was going to write a Story about the Trip out, and the Trip back, but by that time She would have been close to 300 Years old. He finds a Ring and wants to give it to her. But the Robot tells her he woke her up, and the Shit hits the Fan in Ways you could not I manage!

She moves out of the Suite, and just sits and mopes around. Then comes Lawrence Fisbourne, a CPO of the Ships Crew. He noticed the Tree that Chris had planted in the middle of the main Shopping Mall of the Ship.

Fisbourne gets on to the Bridge and finds out that the Ship is slowly Breaking down. Plus he is Dying also, They find out what to repair and find Fisbourne dying in his Dress Uniform, sitting by a Window.

It is a long and critical Job to save the Ship, She tells him before he goes out into Space, to come back as She cannot live with out him. Thus Having forgiven him for wakening her up. As he finishes the Job, his tether breaks.

She goes out in Space to get him and bring him back. They settle into their long life together on the Ship, He did find a way to put her back into Hyper Sleep, but she turned it down. They send Fisbourne out the Air Lock, for Burial.

88 Years later, the Ship Arrives the captain and crew come down to the Main Deck and see the Tree Full Grown, plus several parts of it growing on the side of the upper Railings, They find her Book she Wrote, and the Movie Ends.

I felt that they should at least found their Kids and maybe some Grandchildren.
    This was the finest Story I ever saw or read, of what a Couple could do in a long Lifetime of Solitude. Well done, Well Written, Paul
    Last edited by Hobe Sound AK; 12-24-2016 at 01:50 AM.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I didn't want to read it all and spoil the film for myself, but I'll be sure to check out Silent Running which I had never heard of until now.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

You will like both films and the ending of Silent Running, plus the Memorial Songs of Joan Baez from Silent Running. Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Well now I can skip the film and wait for it on discount bin clearance. YES, I added a Spoiler Alert to this posts title to warn others.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 12-24-2016 at 09:28 AM.

hobe with an unannounced spoiler... never .
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Not at all, far more to the Movie! than I let on. Great Film, must be seen on the Large Screen. Paul

The Soundtrack is now available on Amazon. Great Music for a great Movie.

I liked "Silent Running" and the antics of "Huey", "Dewey", and "Louie".
    I think it is fantastic how those three "robots" did all those antics. Considering it was 4 people that were either "little people" or amputees squeezed into those boxes that were, in many ways, smaller than the body of R2-D2 that Kenny Baker had to bring to life. This may have been Dern's most "likeable" performance.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”