Thread: If It Weren't For The Constitution.....

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

If It Weren't For The Constitution.....

....obama would have run again.

He claims he could have won if he had run again....but, the Constitution prevents a President from serving more than 2 consecutive terms. That pesky Constitution just keeps getting in the way, doesn't it?....dammit!

Talk about hubris....obama has cornered the market. obama is the greatest; just ask him and he'll tell you.

He made this statement during his farewell speech to his staff.

He got all teary-eyed, too, and had to get his "hanky" out. Awwww. Liberals cry a lot, don't they?

Cry me a phuking river....

I'll be so glad when this jug-eared, mulatto halfwit is sent into retirement.

p.s. David Axelrod is a pure leftist shill...
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

While I didn't want to see him serve one term let alone three the constitution didn't have a presidential term limit until the 22nd amendment ratified in 1951. It also limits the President to two, four year terms, consecutive or not.
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 12-26-2016 at 10:23 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    While I didn't want to see him serve one term let alone three the constitution didn't have a presidential term limit until the 22nd amendment ratified in 1951. It also limits the President to two, four year terms, consecutive or not.
    OK, I was wrong in thinking a Pres. could serve more than 2 terms if they weren't consecutive. In obama's case, I'm glad that's not the case. With all the liberal idiots and low-information voters, I have an idea he could have pulled off another term.

Maybe Trump will turn this country around and make it strong again so that people will see the benefits of how a well-run America compares to obama's America and leaves no doubt in their minds that obama, and the Left, were the worst thing that could happen.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

In Obama's mind it IS all about him. Notice how Trump says We .. before everything, while Obama always says "I" before everything he says.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    With all the liberal idiots and low-information voters, I have an idea he could have pulled off another term.
    I have no doubt about that
    Then there's that race card up their sleeve
    Thank goodness for that 22nd amendment
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

mulatto halfwit .
    I see what you did there...
    barry is a class A narcissist. He is unable to recognize the vast losses suffered by the party over which he presided for the past 8 years. He is capable only of self-aggrandized fantasy and sense of historical greatness. The truth is that he will be remembered as the first black and possibly worst president. Nothing more.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

That pesky Constitution.

Where have I seen that ring before?

Think about what former ex-Presidents have done in the past.

Harry Truman went home to Missouri.
    Nixon and Reagan went home to California.
    Carter went home to Georgia.
    Both Bushs went home to Texas.

What is Dumbo going to do? He's planning on staying in DC!!
    As if there was anything he could do to protect his "legacy".
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Think about what former ex-Presidents have done in the past.

Harry Truman went home to Missouri.
    Nixon and Reagan went home to California.
    Carter went home to Georgia.
    Both Bushs went home to Texas.

What is Dumbo going to do? He's planning on staying in DC!!
    As if there was anything he could do to protect his "legacy".
    His "legacy" will evaporate like a fart in a hurricane right before his very eyes once Trump corrects everything he did and turns this country around. obama will see what a "great" America looks like....and he won't like it. We will, but he won't.

Freedom isn't free.

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

i believe the law says 2 elected terms and not more than 10 years total served. thank you to our parents and grandparents. since he can't and (doesn't have to) prove it, once again one, big, ass, mistake, america can say pretty much what he wants. previous presidents had a life before washington. washington and government are the height of obama's glory.

His "legacy" will evaporate like a fart in a hurricane right before his very eyes once Trump corrects everything he did and turns this country around. obama will see what a "great" America looks like....and he won't like it. We will, but he won't.
    We can only hope you're right!
    Last edited by JTHunter; 01-07-2017 at 10:21 PM.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by kuntryboy View Post
    i believe the law says 2 elected terms and not more than 10 years total served. thank you to our parents and grandparents. since he can't and (doesn't have to) prove it, once again one, big, ass, mistake, america can say pretty much what he wants. previous presidents had a life before washington. washington and government are the height of obama's glory.
    kuntryboy - that term limit was introduced BECAUSE of FDR during WW2. They didn't want an "imperial presidency" then any more than the Founding Fathers wanted it.

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

i will clarify: i was glad our parents and grandparents ratified the amendment. i definitely approve. i had a history teacher (in the 60s) point out congress made no effort to limit their own lengths of service.

Quote Originally Posted by kuntryboy View Post
    i will clarify: i was glad our parents and grandparents ratified the amendment. i definitely approve. i had a history teacher (in the 60s) point out congress made no effort to limit their own lengths of service.
    That was, definitely, a mistake that needs to be amended.... Career politicians should be a thing of the past.

Maybe DTS will fix this....

Freedom isn't free.