Thread: PAR's Long Barrel Maadi

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

PAR's Long Barrel Maadi

You don't see to many of these anymore. Price is way to high though.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/608586...tm_content=BA3
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    That is a really nice looking rifle and yes, one you don't see too often.

With the way prices of no longer imported AK variants are going up, I wonder how long before $1000 for what used to be about $300 will seem like a bargain? Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    That is a really nice looking rifle and yes, one you don't see too often.

With the way prices of no longer imported AK variants are going up, I wonder how long before $1000 for what used to be about $300 will seem like a bargain? Crazy.
    I do not agree. I believe that the embargos will go away in a few months. The thing with Russia is contrived by the left to make bitch look strong
    and bitch lost. No reason for the stuff not to flow from other side of the world either. But these are just my thoughts on the incoming potus
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

I would love to agree and I too hope the import bans would go away, but I am afraid that the haters will have Trump so tied up in crap as they try to make him look ineffective that revoking firearm import laws would be near the last thing on his embattled mind. Remember, the dems and many rinos do not want him to succeed, so I would bet they do everything they can to keep him from doing the job he was elected to do. Add to that a media run by the far left and things will not be accurately reported either.

I really hope that the right to keep and bear arms becomes less infringed, but I can't see the liberal dems, repubs and media letting Trump anywhere near firearm laws. And I pray I am wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    I do not agree. I believe that the embargos will go away in a few months. The thing with Russia is contrived by the left to make bitch look strong
    and bitch lost. No reason for the stuff not to flow from other side of the world either. But these are just my thoughts on the incoming potus
    The MISR / RPL / MAADIs are egyptian guns. Not Russian. So why did THOSE dry up as well? I don't know. Never thought about it. Huh. Anyone know WHY Egypt stopped shipping guns? We still have guns from Turkey (aka Hatsan) but is it some sort of Obama E.O. or something?

Egyptians were banned along with the post-Bush1 Chinese AK variants thanks to william jefferson clinton and his ban by name in 1994.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Egyptians were banned along with the post-Bush1 Chinese AK variants thanks to william jefferson clinton and his ban by name in 1994.
    Yeah, but when that sunsetted in 2004, why didn't they start bringing them back in again?

They were not directly attached to the "Assault weapon" ban but were a separate action taken at the same time. It also killed the Steyr AUG and several others by name. I believe it became part of 922 and can still be found, but the AWB that sunset was not attached to 922 so was not a federal regulation. That sunset clause made a huge difference. I do wish his ban by name was part of the AWB, but wasn't.

Adding to the above, I just tried to get into the ATF database, and of course they have changed their website from one that was easy to navigate to one that is typical of our current convoluted government.

I could not even find that lamented 922(r) but found it as Title 27 CFR 478.39. I also found one list in 478 of definition of "assault rifle" but Maadi was not specifically named. Norinco, Poly Tech, Mitchell were all that were specific. There were others like Galil, Steyr AUG and Colt AR15. As to where the official clinton list is, the link I had to their old website no longer works, and I ran out of patience trying to navigate the new site.

So that leaves a good question, why Maadi and where is that clinton ban list?

And further check, Maadi AK variants might fall under the part of the definition that defines a banned rifle as having certain features.

Regardless, pretty stupid and very unconstitutional.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Thanks recon! That is reasonable for current dollars. I cannot foresee the right of the people restored to the point we will be able to buy an AK variant as easy or as cheaply as a criminal or someone in the middle east.