Thread: Winter Storm Warning

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Winter Storm Warning

Wow! A major snow storm is headed my way tonight. It's coming from the West (the icy temps.) and it's mixing with moisture coming up from the Gulf. The whole storm is going to hit us from the south.

We, first, started out with 1-3 inches predicted, now it's up to 8-12 inches. The temps will drop down to 25 tonight and dip down to 8 degrees Sunday night. It's going to be below freezing until Tuesday afternoon. Winds are supposed to be 25-45 tomorrow night.

While these temps aren't unusual, they are a big change from yesterday where it was in the upper 50's. The ground isn't even frozen yet.

Oh well, bring it on. My snowblower is all ready to go and I have nowhere I have to go this weekend.

So far, the weather map is showing snow falling on us, but, it's just virga right now.

Southern VA is supposed to be getting a lot of snow, too. I hope everyone who is/will be affected, is all hunkered down and ready for it.

This could be interesting
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

They're calling for less than 1" here.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I spent the day at home (I drive a rig). The three inches shut down the Nashville area pretty much. Good. I needed some time in the shop and movie time on the couch. We don't have satelite, so I have to netflick or watch vhs and dvd. I re-re-re-re-watched Deliverance. I rode my 4 wheeler around some, till I froze my tookies off.

were expecting a rough storm out here too, 5"-7" in the valley, up to 15" in the mountains, it will probably melt all of our snow too.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

This "storm" is changing every hour. At first it was a dusting, then it was maybe an 1", now possibly 3"+. Yesterday we were supposed to get an 1" and didn't get barely enough to tell it had actually snowed. I guess we will see what happens by morning.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

still raining here temp 37 and am I glad!!!!!!!
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

We'll get blasted on this Sunday. Low of 58, rising to around 70 throughout the day, more chills on Monday. My God, I hope we survive as the temps plunge.
    Of course, by Tuesday, we'll be back to normal. I WILL survive the winter of Sunday Jan 8th & Monday Jan 9th.
    Thus, it is life as we know it in Miami.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Well the sun is out here, was supposed to get 4 to 6", got maybe 1/16th of an inch instead. If you don't look really hard you don't see any snow at all. Color me disappointed.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

So much for less than 1". Probably 5" on the ground now and coming down steady.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Temp. dropped from 27 this morning to 24 now. Snowing like a bitch here. Had about 6 inches of snow this morning and it's around 9-10" right now. Storm doesn't get over until around 6 tonight. They've upped the total to about 12" before it's over.

Can't wait for it to stop so I can get my snow blower out and start clearing my driveway (not that I'm going to be able to go anywhere, but I like "playing" in the snow).

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Storm's over here. Just went outside and we got about 15-16" of snow. Not bad for the first snow of the winter....

Now the cold temps set in. Going to teens tomorrow and the single digits tomorrow night.
    Last edited by alismith; 01-07-2017 at 10:55 PM.

Freedom isn't free.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Still snowing pretty hard here.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Not getting snow here but the below zero temps plus pretty good wind blowing make me glad this is global warming, or it would really be cold!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    This "storm" is changing every hour. At first it was a dusting, then it was maybe an 1", now possibly 3"+. Yesterday we were supposed to get an 1" and didn't get barely enough to tell it had actually snowed. I guess we will see what happens by morning.
    That's virtually the same forecast they gave for the St. Louis area over the two days before the storm.

We got about one inch of dry powder that I swept off the driveway with a broom!

The temps dropped to 4 degrees yesterday morning and didn't get above 20 with WC in the "sub-zero" category.
    Last edited by JTHunter; 01-07-2017 at 10:35 PM.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

We got about 3" here all said and done. Now it is just cold and getting colder.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member