Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norovrus-Arrgghhh

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Norovrus-Arrgghhh

Don't know if anyone out there has been dealing with is nasty bug this year but in the last week it's run through my whole family. It's like a really bad flu but with symptoms of food poisoning, too. Projectile vomiting, explosive diarrhea, fever, chills, bad headache, the works. My wife contracted it when she took my mil to the ER earlier this week. She spent almost 4 hours there while people around her were puking in buckets & almost passing out. Surprise, she came down with it 48 hrs later. She was up all night getting sick out of both ends & was in such bad shape the next day I ended up taking HER to the ER after talking with my doctor. Then of course I come down with this hellish bug. Didn't go to the hospital but have spent the last few days dealing with it. My son has caught it as well, puke buckets by the bed for everyone. At least the dog hasn't shown symptoms yet.

It's actually become an epidemic around here as of the last month or two. Whole schools have been shut down due to outbreaks & it's extremely CONTAGIOUS.

This is probably the sickest I've ever been is a short space of time. At least the ER doc told me it generally runs it's course within 5 days or less....
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Sorry to hear this. Drink plenty of fluids and try and take it easy for a while.
    I'll be sending you a bill........
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Vitamin c might help. I'd be loading up on oj.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

basically what i had last month. i lived in the bathroom. right around 4 days.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Sorry to here you've been under the weather. I got the flu and pneumonia shot last fall. So far I've felt just fine.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

It is nasty stuff. People were getting it on the AT a couple years ago. The mice in the shelters were spreading it among the hikers.

Yikes! that sounds awful. Stay hydrated and watch your electrolytes and you'll be ok. I don't think it was norovirus but i had really bad food poisoning a number of years ago. I couldn't even hold down a mouth full of water for the first few hours. When the #2 comes out completely clear you know you have it bad!

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

I feel your pain. The family had it from just b4 Christmas til after New Years.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Stay hydrated and watch the electrolytes with all the puking. Maybe get some Gator Aide to drink.

I've been steadily drinking liquids all along, mostly water along with plain chicken broth. Can't drink fruit juice yet of any kind because of the acidity...don't want Mr Stomach to start rebelling again.

I got my yearly flu shot back in Oct but this is one of those super-virus bugs which are immune to the shots, I guess.

This is already getting old. I haven't eaten any solid food except for a few pieces of dry toast since last Wednesday night. At least maybe I'll come out of it a dozen or so pounds lighter lol.

do what the old timers did.

get all liquored up and toss a few extra blankets on your bed.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Eat crackers also.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    do what the old timers did.

get all liquored up and toss a few extra blankets on your bed.
    That sounds like a good way to end up shitting the bed

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    That sounds like a good way to end up shitting the bed
    Lol yeah don't want that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    Eat crackers also.
    Crackers, along with toast are pretty much what I've been living on.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    Don't know if anyone out there has been dealing with is nasty bug this year but in the last week it's run through my whole family. It's like a really bad flu but with symptoms of food poisoning, too. Projectile vomiting, explosive diarrhea, fever, chills, bad headache, the works. My wife contracted it when she took my mil to the ER earlier this week. She spent almost 4 hours there while people around her were puking in buckets & almost passing out. Surprise, she came down with it 48 hrs later. She was up all night getting sick out of both ends & was in such bad shape the next day I ended up taking HER to the ER after talking with my doctor. Then of course I come down with this hellish bug. Didn't go to the hospital but have spent the last few days dealing with it. My son has caught it as well, puke buckets by the bed for everyone. At least the dog hasn't shown symptoms yet.

It's actually become an epidemic around here as of the last month or two. Whole schools have been shut down due to outbreaks & it's extremely CONTAGIOUS.

This is probably the sickest I've ever been is a short space of time. At least the ER doc told me it generally runs it's course within 5 days or less....
    My daughter got that bug first... then gave it to me. I was in bed for almost a week and puked a bunch of times the first night.

It felt like the flu, but it wasn't. I was also coughing like crazy, bringing up globs of green crap that would make Hillary blush.

Then my younger son got it. Amazingly, my wife didn't get it. Ugh... not fun.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Stay hydrated and watch the electrolytes with all the puking. Maybe get some Gator Aide to drink.
    VERY good advice. It's necessary to replace electrolytes after vomiting. Gator-aid or Pedia-Lyte are good. Plain water won't replenish electrolytes.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

The wife has this. I guess that means I'll be next. Yay. Hope you feel better.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

It's going around here too. I had a similar version a few years ago but it was puke only. One minute you're fine and doing whatever, next thing you know you have to puke right now. Like a vomit geyser. No fun at all.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

There's hope @ the end of the tunnel, though.

I'm pretty much back to normal as of today. Went back to work & got caught up on same. Been eating solid grub with no issues...even drinking a nice German lager as I type this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast