Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: California To Become A Sanctuary State

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

California To Become A Sanctuary State

Not satisfied with having sanctuary cities, CA wants to become a sanctuary state.

They've introduced bills to their state legislature to make it official.

One legislator said, on a radio program, that CA is the only state in a financial position to be able to do so and they are moving in that direction, in defiance to Trump's illegal immigration stance.

I hope the state can manage to pay all the Federal welfare and subsidies that will dry up if this passes, otherwise a large group of people are going to be really pissed. (Of course, the Dims will have this anger directed at the Fed, not the state who put them in this situation.)

http://www.breitbart.com/california/...llegal-aliens/
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

All the Americans will move out, all the domestic enemies will move in, and a quake will break kali off the mainland so it floats away.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Not satisfied with having sanctuary cities, CA wants to become a sanctuary state.

They've introduced bills to their state legislature to make it official.

One legislator said, on a radio program, that CA is the only state in a financial position to be able to do so and they are moving in that direction, in defiance to Trump's illegal immigration stance.

I hope the state can manage to pay all the Federal welfare and subsidies that will dry up if this passes, otherwise a large group of people are going to be really pissed. (Of course, the Dims will have this anger directed at the Fed, not the state who put them in this situation.)

http://www.breitbart.com/california/...llegal-aliens/
    I thought Commiefornia was broke with major financial problems. Guess they were just more false news and media lies.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    I thought Commiefornia was broke with major financial problems. Guess they were just more false news and media lies.
    They're talking about it. They haven't done it yet.

Personally I wanted to put out a big splash ad in the Sacramento Bee

"Hey Liberal politicians. So you can just ignore the laws you don't like, right? How about all of us gun owners just IGNORE the stupid gun laws that we don't like. Same thing right?"

Of course you know how that would be received by the fucking media.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    California still puts in MORE federal tax revenue to the Feds than they receive in Federal aid. That kinda sucks because that means that the threat of taking away federal funding doesn't mean that much and won't have the same impact on our fucking Sanctuary cities than they do in other states. California, despite the commie fuckers, still creates tons more wealth than most of the other states and thus they have the bankrolls to even consider this madness.

The feds withholding funds to force compliance isn't unprecedented. I believe they did it with national speed limit, drinking age and bac for dui.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    California still puts in MORE federal tax revenue to the Feds than they receive in Federal aid. That kinda sucks because that means that the threat of taking away federal funding doesn't mean that much and won't have the same impact on our fucking Sanctuary cities than they do in other states. California, despite the commie fuckers, still creates tons more wealth than most of the other states and thus they have the bankrolls to even consider this madness.
    But, if people stop buying California products, how long will they be able to stay in the black? As far as technology goes, China will be more than happy to step in and fill the void, and produce can be imported from overseas markets. I'm not sure how long CA could stay solvent....

Economy isn't my best suit so I could be totally wrong on this.

Oh yeah, what would Hollywood do if their movies were boycotted by the rest of the US and their actors started making less money?
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    But, if people stop buying California products, how long will they be able to stay in the black? As far as technology goes, China will be more than happy to step in and fill the void, and produce can be imported from overseas markets. I'm not sure how long CA could stay solvent....

Economy isn't my best suit so I could be totally wrong on this.
    China is not an innovator, they're a manufacturer. Everything you're using to post on this forum right now, from Chips to processors to routers to memory to internet hubs, etc. etc. etc. were all CREATED in Silicon Valley. China won't be inventing anything new. It's always been (1) CAPITALISM in the past that drove innovation and (2) the fact that California USED to have top notch universities (not any more) but still Silicon valley cannot be replaced, at least not within a span of 10-20 years. There is TOO Much infrastructure here. You want 100 engineers? You just lure them away from ten or more businesses down the street. You don't have to hunt all over the nation or world to fill your top slots. Even outsiders, like foreign students and engineers still all flock here because the most challenging jobs (and highest pay) is still here.

California IS on a road to ruin, but the nature of everything is that it is still a conglomeration of thousands of different businesses, networks, groups, individuals, etc. It takes time to set that up somewhere else.

On the issue of tech, or food or resources .... you 'could' boycott the state and pay a LOT MORE MONEY to get it from somewhere else much farther away, but seriously? When has that type of economic protest ever worked? The entire reason China grew it's business empire to begin with was because TONS of Americans want to pay BOTTOM DOLLAR to places like Walmart, who then got ALL Their cheap goods from China. You can't convince people to spend MORE money as a general rule. It would have to be abject hatred (like NO American would have bought any goods put out by any of the AXIS powers during WW2), but we don't have a situation like that today.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

City Votes to Exempt Itself From California Sanctuary Law

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/ca.../20/id/849678/

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunreference1 View Post
    City Votes to Exempt Itself From California Sanctuary Law

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/ca.../20/id/849678/

Steve
    There ARE Californians who are mortified by the reckless lawlessness of the LEFTWING leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    There ARE Californians who are mortified by the reckless lawlessness of the LEFTWING leaders.
    Unfortunately, they are too few to effect the changes needed out there.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

During Obama's presidency Arizona enacted a law to help the federal government enforce immigration laws. AZ was taken to SCOTUS by the government and lost because constitutionally immigration is the sole domain of the federal government. I have been waiting for this ruling to be used against "sanctuary" areas that refuse to enforce federal immigration law. It sounds like this is the basis for at least part of the DOJs recent law suit against CA. I hope it works.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

i'm sure the ninth circus court will be able to re-interpret the law, to california's advantage.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Thumbs down

Remember that lovely Scene in the Movie, 2012? I was sitting there watching L.A. slide into the Ocean, and thinking all those Liberals are Dying! Sooner or later, the Fault, will go. CA. has become a Blight to our free way of Life. My Dad was stationed there from June, 1970 to July, 1973. (the Happy Years, ) I went back to CA. in June, 1985 to see my Brother who was stationed in San Diego. I had just come home from that horrible 3rd Armored Division in Germany. I saw in the 12 Years after we had left. I had noticed the State change into something I could not recognize! Now, I will never go back to CA. Just wait till they have a State Wide Emergency, and they come begging for Help. Paul
    Last edited by Hobe Sound AK; 03-25-2018 at 09:18 PM.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

California AG Threatens to Arrest Orange County Sheriff for Assisting ICE

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018...llegals-video/

Steve

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

We need to build the wall. Between the west coast and the sane people inland.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    Remember that lovely Scene in the Movie, 2012? I was sitting there watching L.A. slide into the Ocean, and thinking all those Liberals are Dying! Sooner or later, the Fault, will go. CA. has become a Blight to our free way of Life. My Dad was stationed there from June, 1970 to July, 1973. (the Happy Years, ) I went back to CA. in June, 1985 to see my Brother who was stationed in San Diego. I had just come home from that horrible 3rd Armored Division in Germany. I saw in the 12 Years after we had left. I had noticed the State change into something I could not recognize! Now, I will never go back to CA. Just wait till they have a State Wide Emergency, and they come begging for Help. Paul
    I recently read an excellent book, Death Traps. The 3rd entered Normandy with 232 M4 Shermans, During the Europe campaign, they had 648 Shermans destroyed,another 700 knocked out, repaired and put back into service. that's brutal. Highly recommend this book for anyone who hasn't read it. Thanks for your service, were you in M60's? I have a friend I worked with that was in Germany i think during the 80's in tanks.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

M-60-A3, Dco. 1/32nd Armor 3rd. BDE. 3rd Armored Division. Friedberg, Hessen. The closed the Base in 2007. Best thing the Army did was close the 3rd. Armored Division, They deserved it.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Huntington Beach Sues California Over Immigration Policy

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ver-immigrants

Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast