Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recent Developments On The Jurasic Park Front

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    I hope they don't figure out how to "Jurassic Park" because they will find that with the dinosaurs will come viruses that make Covid-19 look like a walk in the park.
    Not sure that's how it works. The DNA of an animal isn't loaded with viruses when it's used to create an animal's cells. The animal gets its viruses and bacteria from its environment, or in the case of placental animals, certain bacteria from its mother.

I don't think creating an animal by using DNA would create a different set of viruses just in its creation. The viruses would have to be picked up after the animal is "born."

If we went back in time and brought the animal back with us to the present, then it would introduce different viruses and bacteria to our world and pick up different viruses and bacteria from our world.

I could be wrong, but it sounds like it should work this way....
    Last edited by alismith; 03-18-2020 at 10:45 PM.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I agree that the creation of dinosaurs would be the source of a virus, but I believe that like those bats in China, a dinosaur pooping all over could not be sterile. Or not.

Paris Hilton and a billionaire 'Jurassic World' producer are among the star-studded investors in Dallas tech firm that raised $75million to resurrect extinct woolly mammoths
    Technology firm Colossal Biosciences seeks to create modern versions of the extinct woolly mammoth
    It recently raised $75 million and its slate of investors include Paris Hilton and Jurassic World producer Thomas Tull
    The company plans to fuse preserved mammoth DNA with that of Asian elephants to create a modern version of the prehistoric animal
    It plans to fight climate change by populating tundra in Russia and Canada with the animals, which will stomp cold snow down and preserve permafrost
    Permafrost is perpetually frozen ground found near the Earth's poles. When it thaws, it releases carbon dioxide and exacerbates climate change
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...5-million.html
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Paris Hilton and a billionaire 'Jurassic World' producer are among the star-studded investors in Dallas tech firm that raised $75million to resurrect extinct woolly mammoths
    Technology firm Colossal Biosciences seeks to create modern versions of the extinct woolly mammoth
    It recently raised $75 million and its slate of investors include Paris Hilton and Jurassic World producer Thomas Tull
    The company plans to fuse preserved mammoth DNA with that of Asian elephants to create a modern version of the prehistoric animal
    It plans to fight climate change by populating tundra in Russia and Canada with the animals, which will stomp cold snow down and preserve permafrost
    Permafrost is perpetually frozen ground found near the Earth's poles. When it thaws, it releases carbon dioxide and exacerbates climate change
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...5-million.html
    Yup. They'd need a few herds of a million mammoths each to have any noticeable impact on the permafrost in Canada and Russia.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Scientists Create Lab-Grown Meatball from DNA of Extinct Woolly Mammoth to Spark Debate About ‘Climate Change Crisis’
    A Sydney-based company, Vow Food, a meat production company specializing in producing meat from animal cells, has unveiled a mammoth meatball in an effort to raise awareness regarding animal agriculture and the ways in which it contributes to the current “climate change crisis.”
    The company’s groundbreaking project, revealed at the Nemo Science Museum in the Netherlands, aims to show how cell-based meat can fight environmental destruction by using the extinct woolly mammoth as a symbol for the loss of animal diversity on Earth, Business News Australia reported.
    “We created a meatball made of mammoth cells and gifted it to the Rijksmuseum Boerhaave in the Netherlands,” according to the company.
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...change-crisis/
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Attachment 4424

the market for raptors will be huge
    Yeah the same people that have pitbulls that maul kids and adults frequently, will be buying Raptors saying they're lovable and friendly.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    I would be totally thrilled to see a herd of T-Rexes rampaging through the streets of Chicago.
    Now you got my hopes up, but we need to have a few in DC too near the capital.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12