Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recent Developments On The Jurasic Park Front

Recent Developments On The Jurasic Park Front

We Can Now Extract the DNA of Rare Animals Preserved in Museum Jars
    http://www.seeker.com/we-can-now-ext...214864961.html

Researchers find 195 million year old dinosaur rib bones with perfectly preserved proteins in them
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz4XS6nqqSk
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

They've been looking for dino DNA for decades. I'm glad they've finally found some viable samples. Hopefully, in another 10-15 years, I'll be able to see my first, living dinosaur.

I'm ready. Bring it on!!!!
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

regan raptor.jpg

the market for raptors will be huge
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

When Jack Horner dug up the T-Rex, Sue, they found some possibly-viable DNA in her tibia. At the time, it was a breakthrough in paleontology as no one had found any in a fossil that old.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

They need to be careful. Can you imagine the devastation if they were able to combine the DNA of a Velociraptor and a Jack Russell Terrier?

Sometime I look at Jimmy and think they already have!

Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    They need to be careful. Can you imagine the devastation if they were able to combine the DNA of a Velociraptor and a Jack Russell Terrier?

Sometime I look at Jimmy and think they already have!

It would be called Indominus Jack.

Freedom isn't free.

Woolly mammoth on the verge of resurrection, scientists say
    Scientist leading ‘de-extinction’ effort says Harvard team just two years away from creating a hybrid embryo, in which mammoth traits would be programmed into an Asian elephant
    https://www.theguardian.com/science/...ion-scientists

Freedom isn't free.

Chinese Scientists Have Restored Cells of the Woolly Mammoth --"Disappeared After Ice Age 4,000 Years Ago"
    http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog...age-4000-.html

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Thumbs up

I would be totally thrilled to see a herd of T-Rexes rampaging through the streets of Chicago.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    I would be totally thrilled to see a herd of T-Rexes rampaging through the streets of Chicago.

hehehehehehehhe

Forget Mammoths, We Could Bring Dinosaurs And Neanderthals Back To Life
    The Neanderthals went extinct tens of thousands of years ago, so cloning one from recovered DNA would be impressive enough of a feat — but what about something from 65 million years ago? Dr. Kaku addresses this, admitting that cloning a dinosaur won’t be as easy as cloning a Neanderthal or a mammoth (which wouldn’t very “easy” to begin with) — but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible.

Dr. Kaku notes that proteins found within the soft tissues of recovered dinosaur femurs resemble those of chickens, frogs, and reptiles — confirm the theory of their relation. He posits that through the use of a supercomputer, a genetic sequence could be produced, which would create theoretical potential for cloning through epigenetics.
    http://www.malaysiandigest.com/techn...k-to-life.html

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Forget Mammoths, We Could Bring Dinosaurs And Neanderthals Back To Life
    The Neanderthals went extinct tens of thousands of years ago, so cloning one from recovered DNA would be impressive enough of a feat — but what about something from 65 million years ago? Dr. Kaku addresses this, admitting that cloning a dinosaur won’t be as easy as cloning a Neanderthal or a mammoth (which wouldn’t very “easy” to begin with) — but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible.

Dr. Kaku notes that proteins found within the soft tissues of recovered dinosaur femurs resemble those of chickens, frogs, and reptiles — confirm the theory of their relation. He posits that through the use of a supercomputer, a genetic sequence could be produced, which would create theoretical potential for cloning through epigenetics.
    http://www.malaysiandigest.com/techn...k-to-life.html
    Resurrecting Neanderthals would be redundant. Just travel through any large city's urban blighted areas and there are plenty of Neanderthals roaming the streets. Or go to any ME country and you'll find them roaming free in their natural habitats. We don't need any more of them.

Freedom isn't free.

Welcome to Pleistocene Park: Russian scientists reveal plan to restore part of Arctic Siberia to its Ice Age condition (complete with lab-grown woolly mammoths)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz4ax5d7uPs

Could Frozen Seeds Save the Future? Scientists Bring a 32,000-year-old Seed Back to Life
    http://www.ancient-origins.net/news-...763?nopaging=1

I do not like when humans want to play God. They died for a reason..........
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    I do not like when humans want to play God. They died for a reason..........
    It wasn't their fault for going extinct. More like bad luck (it's happened many times in the past, and can happen again).

Those pesky asteroids keep showing up from time to time and messing things up all around....

Freedom isn't free.

A Mammoth Task: How Do We Decide Which Species to Resurrect?
    http://www.ancient-origins.net/news-...surrect-008088

I suspect Japan will be first at this stuff and will roll out a few mammoths, they're into all sorts of crazyness.

Possible dinosaur DNA find sparks Jurassic Park debate
    According to Alida Bailleul, a paleontologist from the Chinese Academy of Sciences who led the study, the scientists may have identified traces of genetic material in an exceptionally well-preserved dinosaur fossil — fueling fantasies that mankind might one day be able to resurrect the ancient reptiles.

The specimen, which comes from the skull of a 74-80 million-year-old baby duck-billed dinosaur from North America called Hypacrosaurus, appears to contain fossilized cell nuclei and chromosomes within preserved bone cartilage, the report said.

“I couldn’t believe it, my heart almost stopped beating,” Bailleul said of the first time she observed the fossil under a powerful microscope.
    https://asiatimes.com/2020/03/possib...c-park-debate/

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I hope they don't figure out how to "Jurassic Park" because they will find that with the dinosaurs will come viruses that make Covid-19 look like a walk in the park.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast