Thread: Glock 17L

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question Glock 17L

Coworker bought a brand new G17L a couple of years ago, ran a couple of boxes of ammo through it, cleaned it and it's been in his safe ever since. I asked him if he was interested in trading/selling it and he thought he might be. He's bringing it into work tomorrow so I can check it out.

Not sure why I asked him about it as I have a G35 with a 40-9 conversion barrel so basically a G34 as well. Not much difference other than a 1/2 inch longer barrel on the 17L. I've just always liked the looks of the 17L and figured if the price is right or we work out a trade why not?

Since Glock only does a production run of the 17L on a limited basis I have no idea what they retail for when available and not many used ones selling to get an idea that way. I figure they must bring more than a standard 17 but how much I don't know. Not sure what Gen it is but I see the newer ones have the rail so I'm guessing a Gen3?

Anyway what do you all think the going rate for this one might be? Was thinking more than $600 but less than $700?
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 02-01-2017 at 08:28 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

I'd probably start with an offer of $550 and top out at $600 if it's a great shape. NIB would up it to $650, only because they are hard to find. For reference, I recently paid $645 for a new Glock 40, which is the most expensive model out there.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

In as much as it is used I'd also go $550 on it.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quick check of Gunbroker, they are $625- $650 new asking price, used are selling for just over $500 to $550. There as bids on a couple, so check there for current as well as sold auctions.

Thanks. As mentioned it might have 100rds through it max. I'll see what he wants for it tomorrow.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Always want to get one of these.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

I'd go 550 to 600.I have a 1987 17L,the first year they came out,one of the first 100 in the country, I really love shooting it,soft shooting, hardly any muzzle rise,very accurate. I got it used,and God knows how many rounds have been through it,It has every original part it came with, and I've never had a malfunction. When I come across another one I'm going to buy it.

Update:

He brought it in today. Looks brand new. I offered him $600 and he asked if I had anything to trade? At lunch I ran home and brought back a blued, 4", NIB Colt Trooper MKIII, .357 I've been thinking about letting go of. I think I've got $450 in the Colt. Auction price might run around $700 or so. He said he liked the Colt but wanted to think it over.

He didn't counter my cash offer and didn't turn it or the trade down so we'll see. He may want to do a little search of his own on the Colt. I guess I could have reminded him that I have to have his yearly evaluation turned in by the 14th since raises come out in March ��
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

I know this has nothing with pistols or revolvers but how do you do your reviews?
    Where I used to work they did it on 3 cats for a possible 21 points but the most you could
    accumulate was 18. As no one is perfect and there is always room for improvement.
    I scored 18 5 years in a row and still got fired.....
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    I know this has nothing with pistols or revolvers but how do you do your reviews?
    Where I used to work they did it on 3 cats for a possible 21 points but the most you could
    accumulate was 18. As no one is perfect and there is always room for improvement.
    I scored 18 5 years in a row and still got fired.....
    Different sections are scored from 1 to 5 with 3 being "meets expectations" so the average of all the sections is just that, an average. its kind of pointless as raises are based on the new budget and profit level as they are on performance. If we have a good year percentages are higher than if we had a bad year regardless of how good the evaluations are. Promotions are the best way to get a bigger paycheck but the bigger salary comes with the bigger responsibilities/headaches. My head hurts all the time.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

17L's are neat pistols. Wish I still had mine. Just picked up a G34MOS.