Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I see a judge has overruled Trumps immigration orders...

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I see a judge has overruled Trumps immigration orders...

And the parasites are pouring in once more.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/airline...u-s-1486198841

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

It won't take much to reinstate Trumps orders. What he did was constitutional. Now...the liberal judge that "overruled" it should be charged with treason and dereliction of duty and be stripped from his authority.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    It won't take much to reinstate Trumps orders. What he did was constitutional. Now...the liberal judge that "overruled" it should be charged with treason and dereliction of duty and be stripped from his authority.
    Agreed.

It's past time to start holding these judges accountable for upholding the Constitution. They were sworn in to do that, so hold them accountable.

A judge's political beliefs should have nothing to do with his decisions. Both liberal and conservative judges should have the same ruling if they base their decision on the Constitution. Interpretation should have very little to do with it.

Judges should be able to read English and understand what they read.
    Last edited by alismith; 02-05-2017 at 10:32 AM.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

It looks like Trump's appeal was denied. Does this mean it will go to SCOTUS? I'd imagine that it will take a long time to reach SCOTUS (Well past the 90 day ban), so it makes me wonder if Trump will even take it that far. He should probably just focus on implementing his extreme vetting process for new refugee applicants, and make the process so atrocious that only the rich and connected can get into the US.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.f4b113e426c1

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

What needs to happen is Jeff Sessions needs to be confirmed as DOJ and put a end to this nonsense.

This vid sets straight why the "ban" is needed;

"And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

It is interesting to me that the reason for the stay was not based on constitutional grounds, at least not that I have read, but on the grounds that the hold would cause undo suffering (or something close to that) of the people effected.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

"And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I am concerned that our hopes for a lessening of invaders are for naught. It seems the whole world wants to invite the whole world. I hope some sanity prevails.

Does anyone know what the odds are that the 9th circuit will rule in Trump's favor?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Does anyone know what the odds are that the 9th circuit will rule in Trump's favor?
    About as good as my winning the lottery, even though I seldom play it.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

What about a Supreme Court challenge with Trumps nominee at the bench?

What about a Supreme Court challenge with Trumps nominee at the bench?
    About as good as my chances of not winning the lottery, even though I seldom play it .

Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    About as good as my chances of not winning the lottery, even though I seldom play it .
    Well, the GOP better haul ass and get Gorsuch confirmed to SCOTUS. This case is the only hope we have for stemming the flow of muslims into the US.

Well, the GOP better haul ass and get Gorsuch confirmed to SCOTUS. This case is the only hope we have for stemming the flow of muslims into the US.
    There may be a way to get this judge removed if he doesn't follow the law about a President's power to write EO's concerning the muslim invasion. I think Federal Judges can be impeached.

Rush talked about the law on his show, today.

Freedom isn't free.

Well the 9th Circuit ruled against Trump. It looks like it's going to end up in the SCOTUS. Trump and the GOP better get Gorsuch confirmed immediately!

Well the 9th Circuit ruled against Trump. It looks like it's going to end up in the SCOTUS. Trump and the GOP better get Gorsuch confirmed immediately!
    It was expected. The LIBERALS fully wanted Trump to overreach and side step the process of actually appealing it to the courts. He did not take the bait and he followed THE RULES.

This shows how smart he is.

The Democrats had better pray there is no ATTACK or incident involving ANY of the thousands of Muslims coming in from suspect nations, or else Trump (and everyone else) will lay it fully on them.

Even if there is a delay and another attack doesn't happen right away, all we have to do is track down whether they came into the country during this 'forced re-opening of the flood gates' by the Liberals, the Democrats and the Media. They'll try to blame it on Trump, but the facts will be on his side.

The 9th Circuit Court, and Robart, all broke the law as written, and passed, by Congress. Trump was 110% in the right by banning these people from entering the country. Everything about his EO was legal. The courts had no legal power to override Trump on this. They overstepped their legal authority.

Their ruling should be held as unconstitutional and thrown out.

I wonder if Sessions has any authority to do anything about this ruling?

Freedom isn't free.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    The 9th Circuit Court, and Robart, all broke the law as written, and passed, by Congress. Trump was 110% in the right by banning these people from entering the country. Everything about his EO was legal. The courts had no legal power to override Trump on this. They overstepped their legal authority.

Their ruling should be held as unconstitutional and thrown out.

I wonder if Sessions has any authority to do anything about this ruling?
    I am waiting to see what constitutional reasoning they used to side with the lower court. So far I have seen no constitutional arguments only emotional arguments. If that is what this court used it will expose them as lawless, not that about half the country will see or understand that.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast