Thread: Guns seized in Great Britain Terror Raid .... if only they had gun control......

Guns seized in Great Britain Terror Raid .... if only they had gun control......

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ror-operation/

More than 800 deadly firearms have been taken off the streets following a major operation by anti-terror police and officers from the National Crime Agency.
    I love how the press describes firearms as "Deadly firearms". Uh, any firearm can be deadly, even a .22 short if you shoot yourself in the head with it.

Last year the Metropolitan Police began offering cash rewards to informants who told them where illegal weapons were located in order to tackle a worrying rise in the number of shootings across the capital.

Remember this is in the U.K. folks! Land of Gun Bans and no rights!

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

The media calls these "deadly firearms." We call these Slovak eye candy. Interesting how they put plastic down before displaying these, like those firearms have diseases or something.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

CZ58's? I have a couple kits still I need to build...... I think they are folders.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    CZ58's? I have a couple kits still I need to build...... I think they are folders.
    Did you notice those SWEET CZ-58Ks?

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Had to do a double-take on those. Didn't know they existed until I saw that pic.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    Had to do a double-take on those. Didn't know they existed until I saw that pic.
    With your username, I'm surprised you didn't want to take one of those Skorpion vZ. 61 sub pistols! *drool*

I was always tempted to buy a semi-auto Skorpion when they were available, but they're not the same without the stock.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Yeah but these firearms are extra deadly.

Not familiar with the K? Which ones? I just thought they were some with original short barrels and some with non NFA barrels?

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Not familiar with the K? Which ones? I just thought they were some with original short barrels and some with non NFA barrels?
    Those are all original Czech Army select Fire vz.58 rifles. They don't have a civilian semi auto rifle market in the U.K. And since these weapons came from Eastern Europe to another European country with strict gun control, none of these rifles have been modified to comply with a purely AMERICAN law. The original czech rifles also have 15.5 " barrels so the ones sent to the U.S. had to be 0.5 inches longer to be legal. Those in the photo seem to be either the K models (Czech factory putting the 'pistol' / subgun length barrel on the factory folder rifle) or the original 15.5" classic field models.

I just call it the K model. They're actually an undesignated factory variant that has been seen in the field in the Czech Republic. I just watched a horrible sci fi movie filmed in the Czech republic and in the 'behind the scenes' making of featurette, the actors were being trained by Czech army consultants and were training with these.
    Last edited by tank_monkey; 02-10-2017 at 01:47 AM.

On a related note, a landlord in NYC cleaning out the apartment of a deceased tenant was shocked at finding a pitiful stash of weapons and called 911 to report them:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/10...apartment.html

NYC landlord finds crossbows, swords in dead tenant's apartment
    Published February 10, 2017 New York Post

A landlord cleaning out a deceased tenant’s apartment in Manhattan this week found a stash of weapons, including crossbows and ninja swords, police sources said.

The landlord was inside a sixth-floor apartment on 215th Street near Seaman Avenue in Inwood around 2:50 p.m. Wednesday when he made the shocking discovery of two fake grenades, two rifles, a machine gun, a machine pistol, an airgun, two crossbows, two ninja swords, a flare gun and ammunition, according to the sources. He called 911 after finding the stash, cops said.

The weapons — which were vouchered at the 34th Precinct station house — are believed to belong to the tenant, according to the sources.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Those are all original Czech Army select Fire vz.58 rifles. They don't have a civilian semi auto rifle market in the U.K. And since these weapons came from Eastern Europe to another European country with strict gun control, none of these rifles have been modified to comply with a purely AMERICAN law. The original czech rifles also have 15.5 " barrels so the ones sent to the U.S. had to be 0.5 inches longer to be legal. Those in the photo seem to be either the K models (Czech factory putting the 'pistol' / subgun length barrel on the factory folder rifle) or the original 15.5" classic field models.

I just call it the K model. They're actually an undesignated factory variant that has been seen in the field in the Czech Republic. I just watched a horrible sci fi movie filmed in the Czech republic and in the 'behind the scenes' making of featurette, the actors were being trained by Czech army consultants and were training with these.
    I've got the original barrels with my kits, I'd like to SBR them, rather than permanent muzzle, but who knows if I will ever build them.... Ones a folder the other is regular stock.