Thread: I had a concerning conversation with a teacher i know this morning

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

I had a concerning conversation with a teacher i know this morning

I sent this video to her for a laugh and instead i got some bad news. I posted the scrubbed transcript below.

11:42AM

Me: imagine teaching this class. This poor woman.

Her: I have seen this and it is awful
    But *censored* High is exactly like this
    So was *censored* before it was torn down

Me: what is going on with these kids? Is it because parents aren't allowed to punish them anymore?

Her: and neither are we
    a girl last week called me a pregnant fucking bitch and had zero repercussions

Me: unreal. It makes me concerned to what i am going to be putting nathan in.

Her: Don't be. *censored* is the best school in HRSB

Me: i wonder what the kids are going to be like in another 10 years.

Her: Getting into that elementary was literally our ONLY requirement when we were looking at homes

Me: Children of the corn...
    i am glad i lucked into this then. We lived here before nathan was even thought of

Her: I had a kid sleep in my class for 40 mins yesterday and was told by his mom to let him sleep, that he gets tired in the PM

Me: hahaa omg
    and you cant even fail them anymore
    everyone passes now don't they? Regardless of what they do?

Her: Lowest mark I am allowed to give is a 25%

Me: does that fail them?

Her: All they have to do to get it is show up in your room once and breathe.
    Nope. No failing.
    I gave a kid a 28 in Nov who handed in nothing and I was told his mark was "quite low

Me: Is there anything separating these turds from the stars when they graduate grade 12? or is it just a tick in the box?

Her: Nope. I had a parent email my boss this week because her daughter gave me work 2 weeks late on Monday at 3:15, and I emailed her on Tuesday morning at 10:45 to tell her it was not a passing grade.
    She felt I should have contacted her sooner
    I have 100 kids and contacted this parent within 24 hours.

Me: but of course it was your fault
    were in some serious shit when these kids are out in the work force

Chat Conversation End
    Type a message...
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Pray for the teachers! And for the kids who are there to learn. I recently saw a vid where a gangsa was overturning desks and chairs as he threatened the teacher who was sitting at his desk, yelling "I want a mfing A"! The teacher just sat there. If you go to liveleak, entire inner-city schools in riot is almost a daily thing. And the kids laugh and record it all.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Pray for the teachers! And for the kids who are there to learn. I recently saw a vid where a gangsa was overturning desks and chairs as he threatened the teacher who was sitting at his desk, yelling "I want a mfing A"! The teacher just sat there. If you go to liveleak, entire inner-city schools in riot is almost a daily thing. And the kids laugh and record it all.
    Our education system, courtesy of Dimocrats and Liberals, everywhere.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Our education system, courtesy of Dimocrats and Liberals, everywhere.
    And it's all white conservative America's fault!
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    I sent this video to her for a laugh and instead i got some bad news. I posted the scrubbed transcript below.
    Replace that teacher with a Marine and see how fast those chimps stop chimpin' out.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

WTF. Say hello to Generation-0bama.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

I'm married to a grammar school teacher. Luckily she teaches in our local district which is highly rated. Most of the minority kids are decent students, with a few notable exceptions.

I cannot imagine what teachers in the inner city schools go through, especially if they're white trying to "teach" ghetto kids. There wouldn't be enough $$$$ for me to put up with that chaos & abuse.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

We no longer have teachers, they are highly paid baby sitters.

My comment was the first.

BISHOP

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    I'm married to a grammar school teacher. Luckily she teaches in our local district which is highly rated. Most of the minority kids are decent students, with a few notable exceptions.

I cannot imagine what teachers in the inner city schools go through, especially if they're white trying to "teach" ghetto kids. There wouldn't be enough $$$$ for me to put up with that chaos & abuse.
    Hey it is not only the inner city anymore, my county had great schools and then the demographics changed.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..