Thread: M*A*S*H Marathon

M*A*S*H Marathon

On Sundance channel. For me its CH 557 on Direct TV.

I grew up watching this show with my dad and still enjoy it today.

BISHOP

I liked it when I was younger. Today. The laugh tracks just annoy me. Though I do watch it from time to time.

Getting older I learned about things from the show like Radar's baby hand. The Asshole-ish politics about Henry's "death" and the fact that Alan Alda is a massive real life lib and it starts to show through as he becomes directer, and as the show progreses.

Besides all that. I love the show!

BISHOP

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

It's like a lot of shows I loved when I was young........I try to sit through them and feel nostalgic but instead wind up thinking to myself "I actually enjoyed this crap???".

MASH in particular gets on my nerves with all the leftist propaganda they pushed. Never really thought about it back then but now it grates on my nerves.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Me, I enjoy the full outdoor set they built and then the indoor set for when it was cold or raining that day.
    I'm a movie set buff, and to see it in in action is fun.

BISHOP

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    It's like a lot of shows I loved when I was young........I try to sit through them and feel nostalgic but instead wind up thinking to myself "I actually enjoyed this crap???".

MASH in particular gets on my nerves with all the leftist propaganda they pushed. Never really thought about it back then but now it grates on my nerves.
    That is why it is called subliminal. My wife likes a myriad of tv shows and some are decent. But for the most part I do not watch them for that very reason. The show will be going along and some writer will throw some SJW shit right in the middle, ok if it had something to do with the show but most of the time the whole line of conversation would not have been missed.

What is funny is I will go off on it and she doesn't even hear it even though if you were talking separately about it, she is against the position the show is pushing.
    Last edited by l921428x; 02-20-2017 at 08:31 AM.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Loved the show. Later, the slant made it a little hard to watch.