Thread: Hacksaw Ridge well worth seeing! Good to see the Army in the Pacific!

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Thumbs up Hacksaw Ridge well worth seeing! Good to see the Army in the Pacific!

This is a very well made Movie of a True Story. I did not even recognize Hugo Weaving as Desmonds Father. I though the scene where he walked into his Sons court Marshall, wearing his WW1 Uniform. The Officer in charge praised him, but also told him he could not stay in the Courtroom. He said, That is a Uniform of the Great War, asked him were he served, Wounded twice in Bellwood, Plus he had a Bronze Star. Very good scene. The Movie was well made. We need to see more Movies of the Army in the Pacific theater of the War. I still recall the Movie of the Army raiding a POW Camp and freeing the Men. I think it was the Thin Red Line. Plus only the Army used the P.38 in the War, Plus the 11th Airborne Division was the First Unit to land in Tokyo. I get so tired of hearing of only the Jarheads in the pacific War.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Watched it today and all I can say is wow! The combat scenes are better than Saving Private Ryan. Really liked Vince Vaughn's character. Pretty dramatic portrayal the fighting on Okinawa. I'd give it 4.5 out of 5.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell