Thread: Jorge Ramos (Univision) - America is OURS, not THEIRS ......

Jorge Ramos (Univision) - America is OURS, not THEIRS ......

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...t-going-leave/

Univision senior anchor Jorge Ramos declared on Friday that the United States belongs to Latino migrants, emphatically stating to a Spanish-speaking audience that “it is our country, not theirs.”
    So apparently the USA belongs to Mexico and they feel they're entitled to it. Yeah right.....

If you were not born here in the U.S. or have not been naturalized -- it is not your country. Anyone who comes into this country illegally needs to be removed with as much force as necessary. The problem I see with letting people into this country is they come here and then started making demands and signing up for free social services. For the ignorant types who know little or nothing about U.S. history, it should be explained that no one was deported after the treaty of Hidalgo was signed. Therefore, if your ancestors were in what is now the U.S., they became citizens of the U.S. and therefore (if their descendants did not leave) you are a U.S. citizen. Of course this racist Ramos wants to claim race is the basis for citizenship.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    When my great grandparents came through Ellis Island, speaking American English was mandatory, learning and blending in was mandatory. This was per my great grandfather on my father's side. They were proud to become United States Americans, and through the years lost all ties with our past, and personally as much as I would like to know my heritage, I am an American first and always.

Others that came in when my ancestors did, in the late 1800s were very happy to become American, and although many settled in groups, which is why we have the various communities, they were still proud to be Americans first.

Somewhere in the last quarter of a century, the idea of blending into the "melting pot" of America became wrong, and celebrating diversity became the main issue. Unfortunately in the celebration of diversity, what made America great was forgotten, and now we are a country of factions.

We need to get back to the idea of America becoming a melting pot, with American English the spoken language everywhere in the 50 states, and if you want to maintain your heritage in your community, fine as long as you speak English, follow the traditional American customs and abide by the laws of The United States of America.

And if you don't like it, or you think you have it bad here, very simple, go back to your native country which according to these complainers must be better then here. <- dripping with sarcasm.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Damn. I lose out all the way around. My ancestors were in one of the first groups to settle Virginia. One of my ancestors signed the Declaration of Independence, and his father, and he were governors of VA. The British invasion bankrupted them. They died almost penniless. Some of my VA ancestors moved to MD and settled in the county beside the one I live in. Most of them were farmers. I think my grandfather's children were the first to break away from farming and, now, none of my family farms.

So, I guess my ancestors were among the first "new" Americans in the new country. I don't think I have any relatives who immigrated after the founding....that's why I feel left out. I can't bitch about anything, and to listen to the libs, I'm part of why America is to blame for everything.

Oh well, I can live with that.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Damn. I lose out all the way around. My ancestors were in one of the first groups to settle Virginia. One of my ancestors signed the Declaration of Independence, and his father, and he were governors of VA. The British invasion bankrupted them. They died almost penniless. Some of my VA ancestors moved to MD and settled in the county beside the one I live in. Most of them were farmers. I think my grandfather's children were the first to break away from farming and, now, none of my family farms.

So, I guess my ancestors were among the first "new" Americans in the new country. I don't think I have any relatives who immigrated after the founding....that's why I feel left out. I can't bitch about anything, and to listen to the libs, I'm part of why America is to blame for everything.

Oh well, I can live with that.
    My ancestors might have run into your ancestors. My great X6 grandfather came over in 1748 from Germany, settled in Maryland, and bought acreage to farm after he paid his dues in servitude to the king. He is buried in Carroll County, MD. His offspring stayed in Maryland as farmers until about 1817 when they moved to Ohio and started farming here. I still live in the same county where my ancestors first came to Ohio. My one uncle's land from the early 1800s is now a condo development. The rest of the farms are still farms to this day.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003