Thread: Came Out Of The Closet Today

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Came Out Of The Closet Today

The wife and I went into the Board of Elections and switched our affiliations. We are, officially, Republicans!!!!

The clerk asked what happened over the weekend as 3 other people came in before us and switched their affiliations.

I told her I was just tired off all the BS the Dims were pulling and couldn't be a Dimocrat anymore.

Well, it looks like a lot of Dims are feeling the same way and taking action now.

When I first started teaching, Republicans were few and far between in our county. Now, the numbers seem to be reversing. I'm hoping our county will finally turn from blue to red.

Either way, my county went for Trump this past election, as did 20 other counties. What threw us into the blue was the Balto.-DC corridor, where most of the population is located, and most of them are Dimocrats.

Oh well, I'm no longer a closet Republican. I've come out of the closet!!!!!
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Nice. Its good to see people are switching sides.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Congrats on ... coming out of the closet!

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Wouldn't that be more like coming out of the "voter booth"?
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

(As I wipe the tears away from my eyes to be able to type) I have been waiting for this day for along time! (sob, sob, sob)

"Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

It's good to hear that more people came out of the closet too. Hopefully this is a sign that the pendulum will still be on the GOP's side in 2018 and 2020. We can't sit out either of those elections folks; we have to make sure Trump gets his full 8 years. Just imagine how glorious it would be if he gets to replace Ginsburg on the SCOTUS.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I never even knew you were a democrap. WTF? How could you own guns and be a democrap?

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    I never even knew you were a democrap. WTF? How could you own guns and be a democrap?
    Basically, being a Dimocrat was a career move. When I was first hired by the county, only Dimocrats were given special concessions. If you were not a Dimocrat, you got hired last. My father told me to switch my affiliation (I was originally a Repub.) before applying for the job. So, both my wife and I became Dimocrats.

That wasn't too bad as I only ever voted for one Dimocrat in a state or national election, and the ONLY reason I voted for him was he was a Democrat, pro-gun US Representative. He, eventually, lost his seat because word came out that he was gay (back then, being gay was something you kept very well-hidden). Since him, I've never voted for a state or national Dimocrat. Only locally did I vote for an occasional Dimocrat, but then it was because I knew them.

So, while being an "official" Dimocrat, I've always been a closet Republican. However, now that I'm retired, there's no reason to stay with that communist/liberal party any longer.

However, I wanted to wait until my switching parties would make more of a statement. Since the Dims are going bat shit crazy now, I thought this would be the perfect time to switch and it is. Apparently, according to the Board of Elections clerk, there's a lot of people moving away from the Dimocrats now.

All I did was make my party affiliation align more with my politics.

I'm a one-issue voter. Have always been and always will be. PRO-GUN all the way!
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars