Thread: No Test for teachers, too many failing

No Test for teachers, too many failing

I find this expected as the teachers they are testing came up through the same system. Sad.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/t...ities-46065836

Oh get the minority angle?
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Yeah, I heard about that a day or two ago. Having worked as a "sub" and being the son of an elementary school teacher (who still corrects my grammar!), the idea that there are teachers out there that CAN'T teach the proper use of the English language.

Of course, there are those people that, no matter how hard the teachers try, choose to ignore their lessons. As a result, their inability to speak (or behave) in a coordinated and cohesive manner will forever hold them back.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

With how messed up the education system is in America I wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't shit straight, not to mention read straight.

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    I find this expected as the teachers they are testing came up through the same system. Sad.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/t...ities-46065836

Oh get the minority angle?
    New York education officials are poised to scrap a test designed to measure the reading and writing skills of people trying to become teachers, in part because an outsized percentage of black and Hispanic candidates were failing it.
    That's the TEST'S fault?

The reformers believe tests like New York's Academic Literacy Skills Test can serve to weed out aspiring teachers who aren't strong students.
    Ummm... isn't that what a TEST is for?

"Having a white workforce really doesn't match our student body anymore," Soodak said.
    So says this snowflake:

Good grief.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Yeah, I heard about that a day or two ago. Having worked as a "sub" and being the son of an elementary school teacher (who still corrects my grammar!), the idea that there are teachers out there that CAN'T teach the proper use of the English language.

Of course, there are those people that, no matter how hard the teachers try, choose to ignore their lessons. As a result, their inability to speak (or behave) in a coordinated and cohesive manner will forever hold them back.
    Kinda like the term "assault weapon". Assault is a verb, not an adjective. But, what else would you expect from uneducated touchy-feely white guilt ridden liberal democrat idiots?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!