Thread: Republicans Support Big Brother

Republicans Support Big Brother

Time to start using a VPN client. These Senators are scum. All 50 of them.

If not for the NRA they would have sold us out on the 2nd amendment a long time ago. Issues like Internet security are too esoteric for the average person to comprehend apparently.

http://www.recode.net/2017/3/23/1504...ngress-telecom

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2017/0...cy-protections
    Last edited by jet3534; 03-26-2017 at 06:52 PM.

Unfortunately, most people either WON'T care or are too "unknowing" to be able to care. A lot of this is because far too many people "spill their guts" all over the internet thanks to FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Yes, it was the republicans who gave us the biggest violators of our constitutional rights, the Department of Homeland Security feel good farce. Layer on layer of agencies all set up beholden to none, and each violating our rights bleeding us to death in that fabled thousand tiny cuts.

Hmmm let me ask. Would you rather have the slow boil frog in a pot or the Obama idea
    of wire tap everyone and do what you wish because no one can stop you. You do realize
    that obama was handing the ball off to hillary to win the WHOLE game right. Right? You do know this?
    Deep state in place, the fix in with the russians, healthcare collapse no money for the market, 1 justice
    maybe 3. Oh don''t forget 1000.00 WASR cost. Ammunition embargo, rising fuel cost through ENHANCED REGULATION.
    Last edited by l921428x; 03-27-2017 at 07:16 PM.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    Hmmm let me ask. Would you rather have the slow boil frog in a pot or the Obama idea
    of wire tap everyone and do what you wish because no one can stop you. You do realize
    that obama was handing the ball off to hillary to win the WHOLE game right. Right? You do know this?
    Deep state in place, the fix in with the russians, healthcare collapse no money for the market, 1 justice
    maybe 3. Oh don''t forget 1000.00 WASR cost. Ammunition embargo, rising fuel cost through ENHANCED REGULATION.
    My post has nothing to do with Hillary, Obama, the Deep State, the cost of a WASR, etc. so with no disrespect intended I don't understand your post at all. My post addresses the fact that the Republicon controlled Senate has voted in favor of people being spied on. We need to try to hold our politicians to be accountable to the Constitution regardless of what party they belong to. I may be misunderstanding your post, but if appears to be based on an argument that because Hillary, Obama, and the Deep State do not respect the Constitution I should not care that Republicans do not respect the Constitution. Obama is no longer in power. Hillary is not in power. The Republicans are in power and I propose they be held accountable for their votes.

The really shocking thing to me is that people don't understand the ramifications of the spying the Republicans are going to allow. If they did understand, this would not be happening. Down the road, allowing ISPs to sell browsing history can provide the means to blackmail people, facilitate political roundups of dissidents, be given to law enforcement to identify "suspects" (for example a visit to the high time web site -- or in places like New Jersey a visit to a firearms website may provide the basis for a no-knock search warrant), be used to deny insurance coverage, be used to make hiring decisions, etc. Have you ever researched divorce laws/lawyers and if so if this something you would like your wife to be able to obtain from background investigation companies who will buy this information from ISPs? If anyone thinks what I am saying is hyperbole, think about the possibility of any person being able to have access to any and all Internet sites you have ever accessed. Think about all searches you have ever done now being linked to your identity. People will buy this information and then resell it. I guess those who are pure as the driven snow (or is often said by the ignorant "have done nothing wrong") have nothing to fear. Probably during the Obama administration visiting this gunsnet site would have been grounds for the denial of a security clearance, used as a basis for a no-hire decision, etc. The telescreen described by Orwell is in place and most will say WTF. Well now I think I will get off of the soap box, have a drink (or two) and go stick my head in the sand like most everyone else is doing.

BTW, Obama was against removing FCC privacy protections. Let's be fair.
    Last edited by jet3534; 03-27-2017 at 10:52 PM.

I do not disagree with you at all. The dems were already doing it is all i was saying. But he gave away the control of the internet.

be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    I do not disagree with you at all. The dems were already doing it is all i was saying. But he gave away the control of the internet.
    What were they doing? The spying was prevented by Obama's FCC. There were 48 Dim Senators I believe who just voted against the Republican bill to allow ISPs to sell your info.

I don't agree with having an International body run the Domain Name System. However we still control some domains. The Internet is not one network. It is thousands connecting by common standards. At any time in theory U.S. networks could disconnect from foreign networks. The Claim that Obama gave away control of the Internet is hyperbole. I feel 100% certain none of the politicians in the country making the claim have a real clue how the domain name system works or what it is.

OKay

be the heat..

I am asking everyone here to share the following link with your friends. This issue is every bit as important as protecting gun rights.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2017/0...ivacy-policies

I'm not real computer literate. Would using Tor also foil their attempt to track my internet traffic? Would a VPN be better?

Rinos. Of course Cruz and Rubio are there as well as mine.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by Viking350 View Post
    I'm not real computer literate. Would using Tor also foil their attempt to track my internet traffic? Would a VPN be better?
    Tor will provide good security. If it didn't, it would not have been used by Snowden. I have not used Tor, but due to the Tor architecture I can see possible performance issues. Also, not something for the non-IT person to use is it is not seamless - every application has to be configured to run with Tor. I use a commercial VPN but to some degree I am trusting the company. Needless to say I would not trust a US company and therefore use a European provider. They seem to be a little more concerned with security than we are.

I can see our government trying to compile a list of people using Tor if they have not done so already.

I believe your question is discussed by experts on the eff.org website and probably other places as well.

I guess it goes without saying that using Facebook, and Google (search engine or products) is high risk behavior. I would say the same thing is true about Verizon.
    https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/11/verizon-x-uidh

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Rinos. Of course Cruz and Rubio are there as well as mine.
    If not for the NRA I believe the Republicans would sell us out on gun control -- but because of the large number of single issue voters (like me) they can't get away with it. The Republicans have a short memory. They forget the leaking of Robert Borks movie rental data which caused them to pass the following.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_...Protection_Act

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viking350 View Post
    Look this link over. I use PIA for a vpn.

https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-service...w-2017-170304/
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

It doesn't matter whether you use Tor or a VPN. Both will cause performance losses due to the longer distances and number of servers you will go through.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”