Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need a new shtf novel.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

If you're really serious about a fantastic shtf book, try The Revelation of Jesus Christ (the last book in The Bible). Quite good, actually.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I'm gonna infer you want something on a grand scale. Something that sucks you in and won't spit you out until you're lying wasted and spent...

You want F. Paul Wilson.

Start with "The Keep" (1st book of the Adversary Cycle) and "The Tomb" (2nd book of the Adversary Cycle and 1st book of the Repairman Jack Cycle.

You're welcome to read the three intervening Adversary Cycle books along with Repairman Jack, though it's not entirely necessary, until the final book that concludes both cycles, "Nightworld". Characters from those three intervening books show up in Nightworld, but it's not entirely necessary to read them to get gist of the whole.

You want edge of your seat, holy shit where is this all going, goddam is this good reading, leading up to some serious SHTF explosion...follow the timeline...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F._Paul_Wilson
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    If you're really serious about a fantastic shtf book, try The Revelation of Jesus Christ (the last book in The Bible). Quite good, actually.
    I like the part where John (the disciple that was closest to Jesus) saw the Glorified Jesus and fell on his face like a dead man.
    Not the baby Jesus
    Not the walking around Israel Jesus
    Not the I'm going to run up and hug Him Jesus

Something to consider.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12