Thread: Hot sauce.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Hot sauce.

http://www.aztexan.com/home.html

Try this stuff,it is great!
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

I wouldn't buy it over the name of the stuff alone I prefer AZ gunslinger.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    I had half a dozen brands in my cupboard but now I am down to half a jar of El Paso Picante sauce. I need to replenish soon or the weeping and the crying will upset my neighbors and make my sister mad at me. Insanity, Daves, Tabasco, I had them all. Some went quick, others were applied carefully. Very very carefully

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    I had half a dozen brands in my cupboard but now I am down to half a jar of El Paso Picante sauce. I need to replenish soon or the weeping and the crying will upset my neighbors and make my sister mad at me. Insanity, Daves, Tabasco, I had them all. Some went quick, others were applied carefully. Very very carefully
    Well if you like hot and tasty this is some good local Texas habenero stuff.Kinda pricey for hot sauce but it is damn good.

Years ago at the straw market in Charleston, SC... I bought a small brown glass eye dropper vial full of pure capsacin.

I put a 1/4 drop on my tongue and was running for the faucet in 10 seconds! I tried drinking milk, didn't help... I tried running cold water from the faucet over my tongue for 20 minutes, didn't help... the only thing that helped was holding vodka in my mouth and swishing, I think the alcohol numbed the tongue/mucosa and diluted the hot oil.

I've found that all I need are a few drops in a pot of chili or spaghetti sauce... but I'm out now.

Anybody know where I can order some on-line?

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

I'm partial to good ol cold press cayann pepper sauce - like the stuff I sell - its very similar to Louisiana Red Dot. Basic cayann pepper sauce.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    I'm partial to good ol cold press cayann pepper sauce - like the stuff I sell - its very similar to Louisiana Red Dot. Basic cayann pepper sauce.
    I like that too for simple things like soups etc.But for added heat habenero hot sauce is for me.

Looks great as I love anything Habanero ! So far I buy Mike and Diane's "Ring of Fire" (So hot it'll burn you twice) ....meaning in the morning on the bowl ! Other than that I go with some different Thai sauces that make anything South American look like girl scout cookie dip !!!